Have you ever stumbled upon a new feature in your account or stared suspiciously at your screen because you know something has changed, but you can’t put your finger on what? Well, you’re in the right place — Jane’s changelog! Every few weeks, our team publishes a list of new features, changes, and (sometimes) fixes to this page to make sure that you’re always up to date with what’s new in Jane.
If you find this changelog helpful and would like to see more of these updates, shoot us a message at [email protected] and let us know what you think. Your feedback will help us improve how we communicate and will help us choose what to include in future changelogs.
Jump to an Entry
- May 16th, 2022
- May 2nd, 2022
- April 18th, 2022
- April 4th, 2022
- March 21st, 2022
- March 7th, 2022
- February 22nd, 2022
- February 7th, 2022
- January 24th, 2022
- January 10th, 2022
▶ Click here to check out changes from 2021!
Changelog: May 16th, 2022
- Jane Payments: We’ve redesigned the Settings area so that everything you need to know or take action on is easier to find in fewer clicks.
- Time Zones: For anyone using Jane’s ‘Display Clinic Time Zone’ feature, we’ve continued to add to the list of places that Jane will display Time Zones for clients, including on Wait List Requests!
- Arrive/No Show: You click Arrive so many times a day (and No Show hopefully a little less), so every extra second you spend waiting for Jane to turn that appointment green (or red) counts! We’ve made some behind-the-scenes updates to make that process speedier than ever, and we hope it saves you a little extra time each day.
- Client Sign-up Form: We’ve improved the order we displayed First Name, Last Name, Preferred Name, and Pronouns on the client sign-up form.
- 🇺🇸 Claim Submission Folders: We added a fancy new ‘Related Claims’ section to the Claim Summary panel in your Claim Submission Folders. Now, when you click View on a primary claim in any submission folder, you can scroll down and see if the client also has secondary coverage (and vice versa!).
- Return Visit Reminders: Jane was having some trouble with time management and wasn’t sending out RVRs that were scheduled on the same day they were set to send. We’ve fixed that up now and your reminders will be sent, no matter when you’re scheduling them.
- Wait List Notifications: We trapped a bug that was causing Wait List Notification cues to pop up for appointments scheduled outside of shifts. We’ve shooed that little pest out the window and they will only appear for appointments within a shift from now on.
- Products: Occasionally, if someone changed the quantity of a product being sold really quickly, Jane had a little trouble keeping the inventory up-to-date. We’ve introduced a little extra caffeine to the morning routine, and Jane now has all the necessary energy to track even the quickest of clickers!
Changelog: May 2nd, 2022
🚀 Wait List Notifications
The wait for better Wait List management is over! Wait List Notifications will hold any cancelled, deleted, no-showed, or moved appointment times for your Wait List clients whose availability and preferences fit within that spot. Then, you’ll be able to send all those clients an SMS and/or Email notification, book in a specific client, or release the spot back to the general public.
If you enable automatic notifications, you can sit back and relax while Jane manages your Wait List for you! We hope this helps you keep your schedules full and see your clients sooner.
- Staff Profiles: What’s in a name? Well, hopefully not a typo… but if there is, staff members can now edit their own name, regardless of permission level.
Changelog: April 18th, 2022
- Disciplines: Everyone please say a warm welcome to some new friends… we’ve added Foot Care Nursing to Jane’s list of disciplines!
- 🇨🇦 TELUS eClaims: We’ve also added the Nova Scotia College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists as a selectable licensing body for TELUS eClaims!
- 🇺🇸 U.S. Claim Submission Folders:
- Claims in the Approved and Search folders will now be shown in descending order by service date, meaning you’ll see your most recent claims at the top! Say, ‘see ya later’ to those old claims you’ve been seeing for so long.
- We also added a new Claim Type filter so it’s super easy to find all those secondary claims (or filter them out so you can just select primaries!).
- Charting: We searched high and low and found a pesky bug that would clear a Chart Entry if a practitioner used Google translate in the charting area. We can’t promise Jane will always understand what you’re saying, but if you choose to translate directly in your charts, the entry will stay intact.
- 🇨🇦 TELUS eClaims: Some claim reversal requests (particularly for Desjardins) were being rejected due to rounding of cents in the total billed amount. It turns out every penny really does count! We’ve sorted that out and it won’t hold up your claim reversals any longer.
Changelog: April 4th, 2022
- Timezones: You can now update your Online Booking Settings to display your clinic timezone for your clients! Your timezone acronym (like PST, EST) will appear on your Online Booking site and in all appointment-related emails. We hope this helps avoid miscommunications for anyone working with clients outside of your timezone!
- The Compensation Report: Some of you were asking for an easier way to understand how Jane was arriving at the commission value totals shown within this report, so we updated the exported version to include a per-line breakdown of commission rates, subtotals, and totals. This update will also provide additional flexibility for clinics that may want to perform their own calculations on the compensation data!
- Setting up your Jane Account: We’ve added the ability for Account Owners to easily navigate back to Optional Tasks in the Onboarding Wizard in case you want to redo them. Thanks to everyone who requested this small change that we hope will make a big impact on how you learn to use Jane. 💙
- Locations: If you’ve ever gotten lost with a map in your hand, you’ll know how Jane was feeling recently. For a while, the map in the Clinic Locations Settings wasn’t updating to match the address that was typed in. We’ve got this all fixed up now!
Changelog: March 21st, 2022
- Memberships: We haven’t quite figured out time travel yet, but Jane has! You can now backdate a Membership when you sell it, and Jane will generate all the past billing cycle invoices accordingly. In keeping with the number one rule of time travel, these past invoices won’t be processed automatically to avoid any expensive surprises in the present (or future 😉).
- Refunds: We found that lots of bookkeeping headaches were happening due to payment refunds accidentally being edited and that it’s pretty rare that someone actually needs to do that. So, we’ve removed the option to edit, and if you ever need to do so, the Jane team will be more than happy to hop in and help you out.
- 🇨🇦 Canadian Insurance Integrations: Jane pulled out the ol’ label maker and got busy. You’ll find some new insurer labels that help you see integrations (like Pacific Blue Cross, Teleplan, and TELUS eClaims) at-a-glance when saving a new Insurance Policy.
- Receipts: Sometimes, the detailed receipts would show ‘Credit Card’ when an Interac Debit card was used, so we’ve fixed that up to make sure all your receipts are accurate.
- 🇨🇦 Teleplan: Jane was having a bit of trouble submitting Teleplan claims from a client’s Insurance Policy area. We fixed that up, so you can once again submit your Teleplan claims from wherever works best for you.
Changelog: March 7th, 2022
🇺🇸 CPT & Diagnosis Codes in Charts
Starting March 8th, anyone using U.S. Insurance Features in Jane will be able to type the ‘#’ key into any Note field of a chart entry to search/add CPT and Diagnosis codes! 💃 Once they’ve been added to your note, they’ll appear in the ‘Edit Billing Codes’ area at the bottom, where you can re-order and select the ones you would like to apply to the Insurance Info section of the appointment. Then, you can click Update Billing and watch the magic happen. 🪄
- Jane Payments: Some of the French translations in our Jane Payments area were… pas bon. We signed Jane up for Duolingo, and hopefully Jane parle mieux le français maintenant.
- It looks like Jane’s putting that Duolingo to good use because you can now search Clients and Staff using non-Latin alphabets, like Japanese and Chinese!
- Privacy & Security: We made Jane a little bit safer by requiring your password before you can change your Mobile Phone Number in your Staff Profile (and the same for Clients in their My Account!). Just another layer of security to keep your accounts safe and sound.
- 🇺🇸 Electronic Claim Submission: Our clinics located in the US Virgin Islands and other US territories can now submit claims electronically!
- 🇺🇸 U.S. Insurance Submission Folders: After receiving some feedback that you were missing the at-a-glance ability to check if billing codes had been added to an appointment, we added two new columns to the Claim Submission folders: Procedures & Diagnosis Codes. This will make it easier to spot claims that don’t yet have Diagnosis codes or CPT codes added!
- My Account: Jane was being a little inconsistent about requiring home or mobile phone numbers from Clients when they signed up online. We’ve got that sorted out now, so either a mobile or home phone number will be needed.
- Privacy & Security: We snuck in another small security win by hiding client names that were exposed in the URL when searching for a Client Profile.
- Class Bookings: We zapped an annoying little bug that was causing any Class Booking placed beside a shift that was set to a “Not Bookable Online” to also not be bookable online.
Changelog: February 22nd, 2022
🇺🇸 U.S. Insurance Billing: Claim Submission Folder Update
For all our practices in the U.S. that bill insurance, you’ll notice that your Claim Submission folders have gotten a makeover. The core functionality hasn’t changed, but there are a few changes that we know will make your insurance billing go so much smoother.
There’s a new Claim Summary panel that shows you everything you need to know about a claim at-a-glance. We’ve added checkboxes that you can use to select your claims for submission and a summary at the bottom of the page to show you how many you’ve chosen, from how many different insurers, and whether they’re primary or secondary claims. We’ve also moved the big orange submit button from the top of the screen to the bottom right, for a more intuitive experience. 🎉 Let us know what you think!
- My Account: We’ve updated the Documents section of your Client’s My Account to display files in order from newest to oldest. For your clients, this means no more scrolling through dozens of surveys to find the info you’ve just shared! A small but mighty change. 💪
- Memberships: We realized the way we initially set Memberships up was a little restrictive, so we’ve made some tweaks to allow you to redeem them for past appointments. This way, if a Membership accidentally gets removed or is missed for an appointment, you can go back and apply it as needed.
- Class Booking: Previously, if a client booked into a class through your Online Booking site, Jane didn’t update your admin Schedule until the booking was completely finalized. Now, the class booking will update in real-time as soon as a client initiates the booking process so that there’s no chance of overbooking your class.
- Chart Templates: We’ve given Full Access users the ability to delete system (clinic-wide) chart templates like, for example, that SOAP note no one is using anymore.
- 🇺🇸 New Insurance Policies: Previously, if a ‘Date of Current Illness, Injury, or Pregnancy’ had been added to an insurance policy, we didn’t require that you select a date type. If no date type was selected, we assumed it was an ‘Onset of Current Symptoms of Illness’ date when generating claim submissions. To help with the accuracy of your submissions moving forward, we’ll require that the date type is selected before saving new insurance policies that have a ‘Date of Current Illness, Injury, or Pregnancy’.
- Packages and Memberships: We’ve updated the way Jane copies appointments on the Schedule. Now, if you Copy an appointment that is part of a Package or Membership that your client has purchased, it will only be transferred to the next appointment if it hasn’t expired by that future date.
- Emails: We’ve got Jane practicing more gratitude! The customizable “Thanks for choosing us” text that was previously appearing for only some automated emails will now appear on all emails. Full Access users can edit this by heading to the Language section of your Settings and editing the “Phrases: Thanks For Choosing” message.
- 🇺🇸 ICD10 Code Set: We did some early Spring cleaning of the ICD10 Code Set. 🧹 We’ve added any codes we missed in our last update and swept away any old, deprecated codes. While there might still be a few dust bunnies we’re working on, all active codes are now included in the code set.
Changelog: February 7th, 2022
🇨🇦 Sun Life Financial says goodbye to TELUS eClaims
Sun Life Financial claims are no longer accepted through TELUS eClaims as of January 30th. This change means that all practice management vendors, like Jane, that are integrated with TELUS eClaims will no longer be able to direct bill to Sun Life. Instead, we’ll all have to use Sun Life’s stand-alone portal.
We’re easing this transition by updating your Sun Life (TELUS eClaims) insurers and their associated insurance policies from integrated electronic submissions to portal billing, as well as preventing any new Sun Life (TELUS eClaims) insurers from being created.
- Client List Report: We added ‘Referring Professional Phone Number’ to the exported version of this report! This is a nice little stepping stone along the path to making your Client List Report the most complete and useful it can be.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: They say there are no shortcuts in life, but there sure are in Jane! And we’ve just added 2 more. Hitting ‘K’ on your keyboard will now bring up your Task list and using ‘Shift + ?’ will pull up the full list of keyboard shortcuts that are available.
- Choosing a Secure Password: We’ve added a helpful resource to the Practitioner Profile setup to help you learn how to create a secure password.
- 🇬🇧 U.K. Insurance: We’ve updated a few insurance terms to match the lingo used on your side of the pond.
- 🇺🇸 Staff Billing Settings: We improved the design of the Staff Billing Settings by switching the optional Billing Settings from checkboxes to expandable chevrons. This should keep things feeling a little tidier as you scroll through.
- Insurance Info on Intake Forms: Briefly, clients weren’t able to move past the Insurance Information step of an Intake Form if they had selected ‘Self’ as the Relationship to Insured and the Intake Form was set to require the Insured Person’s Details/Address. We’ve explained why that’s a touch illogical to Jane, and clients will once again be able to fill out their forms as expected.
- Chart Items: If you chart with multiple Body Charts, one after another, you may have noticed a bit of musical Body Charts going on when you upload a new image. We’ve told Jane there’s a time and place for dancing, and it’s not in your Chart Entries, so those should stay put from now on.
- Intake Forms: Folks were finding that some of their Intake Forms were rearranging themselves as well. We’ve fixed that up, and they should once again be appearing in the correct order.
Changelog: January 24th, 2022
- Locations: We’ve added a drop-down menu to the Locations screen that will let you choose to view your active Locations or archived Locations. We also added a reminder there to save your changes while creating or editing a Location, because who doesn’t need a little nudge to save their work sometimes?
- Welcome Emails and Password Reset Emails: We’ve made an update to the links included in these emails to enhance the security of your Jane account. Now, once a client or colleague has clicked the link to update their password, the link will expire and they won’t be able to use it again.
- Sketch pad: We found an issue where notes created on the sketch pad were being cut off when you went to download or print a Chart Entry. We’ve asked Jane to respect your masterpieces, so your sketch pad notes should remain intact from now on.
- Intake Forms: Client signatures were occasionally not appearing once a client had completed their Intake Form. We’ve fixed that up, and all forms that require signatures should display them moving forward.
- Schedule: A pesky little bug had us seeing double… double-booking, that is. An appointment would appear as if it had been double-booked when placed immediately after an existing appointment. We’ve asked that bug to step in line, and your Schedule should be back to normal.
- Rooms: We asked Jane to pump the breaks when someone tries to delete a room that has future appointments booked into it. This way, there’s no chance of someone’s Schedule getting messy if a Room is deleted before appointments are relocated.
- 🇨🇦 TELUS eClaims: We found an issue where submissions for La Capitale and Coughlin & Associates were being rejected. We’ve patched that up, and you’ll be able to submit your claims without issue.
Changelog: January 10th, 2022
- We added a friendly reminder to the Treatment Settings to Save your work before moving on. It’s a reminder we wish we had more often, so we figured that you might too!
- We increased the number of characters you can use for your Ratings and Reviews Google Prompt from 255 to 500, so now you can customize to your heart’s content.
- 🇺🇸 We’ve improved our ERA Management Tool! Now, Jane will include any claim-level adjustments that might be included on a claim response, rather than just the individual billing code adjustments (which are the norm!).
- Clinic Locations had become a bit stubborn about the order they were appearing in your Settings. We’ve reminded them who’s boss, and you can once again arrange them however you’d like.
- For a while, Jane was allowing appointments to be reserved outside a shift when ‘prevent staff booking outside of shifts’ was turned on and the appointment was Copied and placed there. We did a bit of spackling, and Copied appointments won’t be slipping through the cracks anymore.
- 🇨🇦 The “Check Eligibility” button was appearing for all TELUS eClaims, even insurers that don’t actually accept them… whoops! We’ve patched that up, so now only claims under insurers that do in fact accept these submissions will show the option to do an eligibility check.
Changelog: December 20th, 2021
We know a lot of you have been patiently waiting for this one (974, officially!), so we’re very happy to be able to say: you can now create Memberships and collect recurring payments in Jane!
Once you’ve created your Memberships, you can sell them to your clients to be billed on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. If a client has a credit card on file, you can choose to have Jane charge them automatically. Other payment methods can be accepted manually. We’re hoping this feature will save you time and maybe even make you a little extra cash.
- We tweaked the way Jane creates an invoice to ensure that an Insurer’s Legal Name (instead of the Internal Name you’ve given it) is displayed.
- Packages will now be carried over when you Copy an appointment! This should save you a few extra clicks, especially if you’re booking several appointments out in advance.
- For any clinics out there that have Staff members who practice multiple disciplines, we’ve asked Jane to clean up how and where those Staff appear on the main Schedule.
- We made it a little easier to turn off Ratings & Reviews. While we’re always trying to make sure the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed, we don’t want you to have to jump through hoops just to hit the off button.
- We gave the Need Help section (in the top right corner of your Jane account) a complete makeover to make it even easier for you to get in touch whenever you need us.
- We discovered an issue where Jane was allowing payments to be unapplied more than once. This usually happened when you were trying to delete a big (like really big) payment and, while waiting for Jane to mull it over, perhaps hit that trash can button a few extra times. We’ve asked Jane to put a lid on the trash can while she’s thinking, so you shouldn’t run into this issue anymore.
- A little bug was causing the Treatments list under a Staff member’s name on the Schedule to stay open even though the Staff member was deselected. We’ve swatted it away, and that list should once again tuck itself away when you don’t need to see it.
- We’ve updated the Dashboard that appears in your Settings to factor in Daylight Savings. Turns out that time change was just as hard on Jane as it was on our sleep schedules. Go figure.
Changelog: December 6th, 2021
🇺🇸 Introducing CMS1500 support for Secondary Claims!
If you look at an appointment with two insurance policies added, you’ll now see an option in the Pay drop-down menu to generate a CMS1500 for the Primary or Secondary claim. This is phase 1 of our plan to support Secondary Claims in Jane.
We’re now moving onto phase 2, which involves some adjustments to the Claim Submission folders to make it really easy to visualize and track Secondary Claims. After that, we’ll move onto phase 3, which will introduce support for electronic submissions to secondaries.
Intake Forms just got a little more organized
We’ve updated the way you can view and manage your patient’s Intake Forms from their patient profile! At-a-glance, you can see the name and status of their 5 most recent Intake Forms, and then you can click to expand the list if you’d like to view older forms (with unsubmitted at the top and submitted forms at the bottom).
When you click the three dots to the right of each Intake Form, you have the option to change the patient associated with the form or delete it altogether (as long as it hasn’t been signed; the account owner is still the only one who can delete a signed Intake Form).
Choose your favourite Chart Items and Templates
We had a lot of you requesting the ability to choose the Chart Items and Templates that appear in the dropdown menu under the New Chart Entry button, so this one is for all of you! You can now click the star next to your favourite Items and Templates to customize the options that appear in your dropdown menu. We hope this helps make your charting even easier and speedier!
- 📍 Update (December 9th, 2021): After receiving some feedback from our community, we’ve decided to return to the previous design of the Chart Templates and Items area for now. We appreciate everyone who reached out with feedback, and we love working with you to make Jane the best it can be. If you’d like to contribute to our planning for how this area will change in the future, please reach out to us or add a Feature Request to our board.
- We’ve added the ability for you to hide your Location Address from appearing on your Online Booking site and patient email communication. Stealth mode engaged. 👀
- We added Reflexology to the Discipline list found in Settings!
- 🇺🇸 Jane’s insurance billing got even more flexible last week, with the addition of a new setting to Staff Billing Settings: Bill Under a Different Name or Rendering Provider? This will make a few things easier: (1) working with students or new grads, (2) when you see a patient at the same time as another practitioner, or (3) if you need to bill under your full legal name, but use a different name with your patients.
- 🇺🇸 We added the Insurer Name to the list of details presented when linking an Unlinked Claim Response to its rightful claim. This will make it easier to find when Jane can’t link the claim response automatically, especially if a patient has a primary and secondary policy.
- We discovered an email translation that was showing up in some intimidating code speak. We promise the robots are not planning their uprising (quite yet), and the wording should be back to normal now. 🤖
- We found and fixed an issue where Clinical Surveys were occasionally not being sent out.
- When working with the Schedule, if Copy or Move had been selected, Jane was getting a bit stubborn about finishing that task before doing anything else. We’ve reminded Jane who the boss is, and you should once again be able to do other things as you go to Copy or Move an appointment.
- We found a pesky issue where the Ratings & Reviews settings would sporadically reset. If you had any trouble with Review emails sending, we suggest double-checking to make sure they’re set up as you’d like them. We’ve made sure Jane won’t continue to misbehave.
Changelog: November 22, 2021
Insurer-Specific Modifiers 🇺🇸
This one is for our U.S. community: You can now set insurer-specific modifiers instead of having to add modifiers to every single appointment! From your Billing Settings, you can set up default modifiers for any insurers that need them. Less manual entry = fewer rejections (and hopefully fewer grey hairs as well)!
- You can now add a New Patient profile from the Wait List, the same way you can from the Appointment Panel. Go ahead and take a quick stretch break, because you just gained some time back in your day!
- We’ve tweaked the Ratings and Reviews Settings page so that we don’t ask if you’d like to “Select all treatments” if you haven’t opted in any Staff members who offer those treatments.
- We’ve made a little change to the Pay Balance Email to help you feel confident in the way you are asking your customers for money (it’s a difficult enough conversation as it is!). Now, you’ll be able to see a preview of what your client will see before you send it.
- 🇺🇸 When submitting insurance claims electronically, Jane now lets you know (and throws up a roadblock) if you’ve selected any secondary claims in your batch. Jane isn’t able to support electronic submission to secondary payers… yet! We’re working on a feature to allow for secondary submissions as we speak.
- 🇺🇸 We’ve added an option when creating a CPT code to include the description (label) in electronic and paper claim submissions. This unlocks the option for you to bill Unlisted Services/Procedures through Jane.
- We caught a bug that was nibbling on the Schedule: you’ll once again be able to select certain Staff to view using the plus icon while also filtering by discipline.
- One of our favourite Chart Items, the sketch pad, was acting… well, a tiny bit sketchy… If you were using Safari, dots wouldn’t appear, but we’ve found the issue, and it’s once again behaving as expected.
- We fixed an issue on the Schedule for anyone using Jane on mobile. The banner that prompts you to ‘Tap and Hold’ if you’d like to book an appointment was popping up and hanging around a little longer than expected. The banner will once again appear and disappear in a timely manner.
- Some of the hyperlinks in the Patient Profile Notes area were redirecting users to, well, nowhere (like in Credit Memos and Packages). We’ve patched those up so we’re not sending you waywardly into the link abyss.
Changelog: November 8, 2021
Updates to Collecting Insurance Information on Intake Forms
As part of our mission to make insurance billing as smooth as possible in Jane, we’ve made another exciting update to our recently released insurance information collection feature. You’re now able to specify whether you want to collect the primary policy holder’s (ie. your client’s, or their spouse’s or parent’s) personal details, address, or both: you let Jane know which details you’d like to collect, and Jane will provide the appropriate fields to do so. If your client selects anything other than ‘self’ for ‘Relationship to Insured’, new fields will appear to collect those details as well. This information will all automatically populate into your client’s insurance policies, awaiting your review.
- We tweaked the Schedule for mobile devices so you no longer have to tap twice in order to select a staff member.
- If you were entering a New Insurer Payment from the Insurer Invoices area, you may have noticed that Jane was setting the default $ value to the total amount that was owed by that insurer. We like to be optimistic here at Jane, but that might be a bit too optimistic. We’ve told Jane to default the $ value to zero and let you enter what the insurer has actually paid.
- We added some language translations to the Ratings & Reviews settings page.
- 🇺🇸 We added a View Claim Response(s) option in the Insurance Info section of the Appointment Panel and Purchases screen. Going forward, if a claim is connected to a claim response and you want to view or edit the EOB for the appointment, we recommend using this new option instead of ‘Edit EOB’ so you can see the remittance details.
- 🇨🇦 We hid Alberta Blue Cross as a TELUS eClaims insurer option for clinics in Alberta since only providers outside of Alberta are able to submit their Alberta Blue Cross claims through TELUS eClaims. Yep, we hear how that sounds! 🙃
- We caught a bug that was causing some of your Sketch Chart Entries to get a little cut-off.
- When deleting Chart Entries from the Staff Profile, Jane was sending a Not Found Error message once the deed was done. But… you know, that was kind of the whole point of deleting it, so maybe a mission accomplished message would have been more accurate? We’ve removed the message altogether to help avoid any confusion in the future.
- We brought back the camera icon for Online Appointments displayed in the Staff List. 📹
- Jane was giving some users a little light sass when they tried to delete a Patient Profile that a File had been added to and then deleted from. Now, once all Files are deleted the Profile can be removed without any backtalk.
- We’ve fixed an issue where, when copying and pasting something from Word into a Chart Entry, Jane was pasting the title of the Word document in there as well.
- 🇨🇦 In an attempt to help our clinics submit successful insurance claims, we may have made things a little too restrictive. 😳 We’ve loosened up a little, so if a claim is in a ‘no submission required’ state, you can once again edit billing and diagnosis codes. Go ahead, call us a helicopter practice management software, we deserve it.
Changelog: October 22nd, 2021
Update to Staff Social Media Logins
As part of our ongoing effort to protect the privacy and security of our clinics, we made a small change to staff logins. Staff members who exclusively have a social media login (Google, Facebook, Twitter) associated with their account will now be prompted to create a standalone username and password. This adds a layer of security to verify that it’s really you attempting to change sensitive information on your account. If you haven’t seen it already, we love this webcomic. It’s a great reminder that strong passwords don’t have to be hard to remember.
- We added a direct link to book a New Account Set Up call to the Onboarding Wizard for clinics that are still getting acquainted with Jane and could use a little help from our support team.
- We made Jane go a little faster when opening an appointment from the schedule. This is a small performance step per appointment, but a giant leap for appointment-kind. 🌕
- When working in Patient Privacy Mode (Shift+P) patient personal information will now also be obfuscated in the Reports area.
- Instead of automatically arriving Online Appointments when a client arrives in the new Waiting Room, Jane now lets you choose when to arrive the appointment. Jane is helpful, but never bossy.
- In true you can’t change the past fashion, you’ll now see a handy error message if you try updating an appointment on the schedule that has already been deleted.
- Before deleting a claim that is linked to a remittance claim response, Jane now double checks if you really want to delete it. 🇺🇸
- After a brief break from being considered, rescheduled breaks are once again included in the Hours Scheduled/Booked Report.
- We fixed an issue where Jane would sometimes display a different payment method other than the one you had just clicked on when processing a refund. In other words, we put the “fun” back in refund.
- The instruction chart part was not following formatting instructions and would collapse multipleparagraphstogether. They should now be spaced out appropriately with an adequate amount of breathing room.
- Some clinics reported an occasional hiccup when trying to load the Insurer Invoices > Purchases list under the Billing Tab. In true Halloween spirit, we put on a bedsheet with some cutout holes and successfully scared off those hiccups. 👻
- Some things age well, like wine or one of those fancy cheeses. Others don’t age as gracefully… like insured appointments. While this only affected a handful of our most seasoned clinics, no one should experience trouble loading old insured appointments going forward. 🧀
- Keyboard shortcuts were not working from the Day sheet. Shortcuts are once again following their ⌘CMDs (commands— sorry Windows users, Apple joke) may once again hop to your schedule (Shift + 1) or double book (D key) with ease.
- Accounts Owners who are also practitioners assigned to a Discipline will now be directed to the practitioner view when tapping the Schedule tab.
- Folks were finding that they couldn’t copy or move appointments between the Day and Schedule Tabs. Appointments can now hop fluidly between views.
- There was a small quirk that made filtering the electronic Remittances list challenging, especially if there were a large number of them in the folder. This should be much more manageable now. 🇺🇸
Changelog: October 8th, 2021
Additional Profile Security
We have introduced an additional level of security to the profiles of staff members and patients that protects the information used to verify identity. All staff are now required to enter their password before updating their own — or another staff member’s — contact information. When a patient updates their own contact information via the My Account page, they will now have to enter their password before making changes.
ICD10 Code Set 2022 Update 🇺🇸
The ICD10 code set — which can be found in Settings > Billing Codes — has been updated to reflect CMS’s 2022 changes that took effect on October 1st. Valid diagnosis codes from 2021 that are now deprecated in the 2022 update have been removed from Jane’s ICD10 code set. Likewise, all replacement codes and new codes have been added. Learn more in our ICD10 FAQ here.
- We made some small tweaks to the styling of Resources on the schedule to improve things for clinics that use several Resources for appointment bookings.
- We added a handy guide reference to help all new staff create a secure password when setting up their Jane account for the first time.
- We added a new description to the Online Booking post-treatment time — which can be found in the Staff profile under Edit/Settings > Online Booking — to help practitioners better understand how to setup their schedule.
- We made Wait List items update instantaneously when viewing the schedule. You can now see updates to the Wait List made by patients or other practitioners in real time! Sweet, sweet automation!
- We made a small tweak to the drop-down options in the Create a New Treatment workflow. This change lays down the foundation for some exciting updates to Treatments that are coming down the line. Specifically, support for Grouped Appointments!
- For our Canadian clinics, we have added TELUS eClaims support for Alberta Blue Cross. A friendly heads up that Alberta Blue Cross only allows submissions via TELUS eClaims for those outside of Alberta (we recognize that this sounds a bit strange!). 🇨🇦
- For our Canadian clinics, Jane is now better equipped to handle situations where a bad or malformed response is received from TELUS or the insurer. This was previously causing pages (invoices, purchases, etc.) in Jane associated with the bad response to become inaccessible. Submissions with good and bad responses are now always accessible. 🇨🇦
- Jane’s Polish Community - świętować! Clinics in Poland can now sign up for a Jane Payments (through Stripe) and start processing payments. 🇵🇱
- We’ve added some missing German translations to receipts. Wunderbar! 🇩🇪
- Resending the right intake form - Jane was sending intake forms for any expired forms, which caused some confusion. Now, Jane only resends the expired form if it’s required, or if your patient has an upcoming appointment.
- The Return Visit Reminder (RVR) button wasn’t cooperating when accessed from the List View version of the Schedule after no-showing an appointment. It’s now cooperating and will direct you to the RVR form lickety-split when clicked.
- We patched a hole that allowed treatments on Wait List items to be carried over when clinics changed the practitioner offering a different discipline.
- Our Ratings & Reviews feature was accidentally blocking folks from selecting treatments assigned to a Discipline set to Not Bookable Online. We relaxed the rules here to ensure all treatments can be enabled for a Ratings email, regardless of the online booking policy.
- The “Reschedule an Appointment” mode was triggered on mobile devices when scrolling on top of an appointment on the Schedule. Clinics can scroll easy knowing that they won’t accidentally move an appointment to another day.
- The summary section of the Applied & Unapplied (A&UP) report was missing the first date of the selected date range in its calculations. The values should make sense now!
- The Onboarding Wizard has undergone some improvements including a change that will allow users to freely navigate throughout Jane without the wizard popping in and out.
- We noticed that some clinics were running into a blue sad-face error when entering a very large price for a product (over a hundred million dollars). Well, we’ve turned that frown upside down by adding a little message that gives you a heads up that you’ve probably entered the wrong price.
- The price field was showing up blank on the Edit Product form for certain locales. Folks who use Euros as their currency should be able to see prices properly now when making changes to products. 🇬🇧
Changelog: September 24th, 2021
Go faster with our new ERA Management Tool 🇺🇸
You can’t spell Insurance without ERAs! Head to Settings > Remittances in your account or checkout our ERA blog post to learn how much easier it is to post insurer payments by uploading electronic remittances to Jane.
Knock, Knock. Who’s there? It’s Telehealth Waiting Room.
… Telehealth Waiting Room who? 🥁
We’ve added a waiting room to Online Appointments so you have time to settle before seeing your clients. Now when you join a call, your client will remain in the new Knock Knock waiting area until you’re ready to admit them to their session. Learn more about the new Knock-Knock feature for Online Appointments here.
Insurance Card Photos can now be set to Optional
After receiving some great feedback from the community on our new Insurance Information Intake Form feature, we’ve introduced a preference that makes uploading an insurance card photo optional instead of required.
Customize the information you collect from New Clients
You can now tailor the client sign up page in our new Settings > Client Form Fields area to ensure you’re capturing the client information you need. This is also the place where you can enable Pronoun collection for your clients who book their appointments online.
- We’ve given the Ratings and Review set up page a new look to make it easier to navigate. We’d love to know what you think — send us a message if you have any thoughts!
- We’ve prettied up the way lists are formatted in chart entries by removing some of the indentation.
- We added a sticky save bar in the Settings area to remind you to save you changes before leaving.
- We’ve introduced some additional translations for pronouns labels in Danish, German, English, Spanish, Estonian, French, Italian, Dutch, and Portuguese.
- We also updated some Danish language for the Online Booking site. Shoutout to our newest Danish clinic for helping out with these translations!
- Our team added a few new videos and helpful tips to improve the onboarding experience for new practitioners joining Jane for the first time.
- The chart status icon 🔒 on the appointment in the day sheet was out of sync when changing / removing the linked appointment in a chart. I guess you could say the lock was not in lockstep but we got a lock on the issue, fastened a fix, and got the issue locked down.
- Corrected our staff member defaults so that practitioners can see breaks on their schedule unless otherwise specified.
- Administrative staff with Practitioner / Front Desk access can once again manage their own shifts. We see the irony in administrative staff not be able to administer their own shifts…
- Fixed a bug that caused Jane to link tasks to the author rather than the assignee. Authors of Tasks can once again link tasks to other staff members, instead of only being able to assign them to themselves. You know what they say… when you want something done right, do it yourself…
- We ensured clients who have a Jane account open in multiple tabs on their browser don’t run into issues when booking appointments online. Your clients can now go tab crazy and confidently book their appointments.
Woohoo! You’ve made it to the bottom of our changelog. Thanks for scrolling. 😊