The Demo Clinic is a fake Jane account where you can play around without worrying about making any mistakes. It can be useful when you want to try a new feature before enabling it in your own account, or maybe you’d like to practice a workflow like taking a fake payment but don’t want to throw off your bookkeeping.
Before we get started on how to use the Demo Clinic, there are four very important things to keep in mind:
- 🔒 All the information you see in the Demo Clinic is fake. Under no circumstances should you enter any personal information, as it will be visible to anyone else who’s logged in. Consider the Demo Clinic to be a public space.
- 🥸 Almost everything in the Demo Clinic can be edited or changed by any user, so you may see locations added or deleted, names changed, practitioner disciplines switched, appointments cancelled or moved around…etc. Lots of folks are in there at any time trying things out, so don’t be alarmed if things look a little different from time to time.
🌙 The Demo Clinic resets every night, so if you’re a night owl and testing out something complicated, keep in mind that anything that was changed in the Demo Clinic during the day will be reset at the following times:
- 🇨🇦 CA Demo Clinic: 12:00am PST
- 🇺🇸 US Demo Clinic: 12:00am PST
- 🇬🇧 UK Demo Clinic: 6:00pm PST
💻 Browser Requirements:
- Chrome on a computer, laptop, or android device.
- Safari on an iPad or iPhone.
- Edge on a Windows Surface Tablet or Windows Phone.
Check out our guide to learn more >
Logging into the Demo Clinic
Choose your Demo Clinic based on your location:
You can log in as any of the staff profiles listed below using their unique username and the password of the week that resets every Monday. To get the weekly password, you can click the Need Help button in the upper-right of your screen:
Underneath our contact details, you’ll see the weekly password. You can click the Copy button to copy the password to your clipboard for easy access.
Or, if you’re a member of the Jane Community Forum on FB, you’ll find the updated password posted weekly there! (If you’re not a member yet, you can join here).
You can log in with the username “owner” to log in with full access. If you want to use the other profiles to play around with different levels of access you can use the following log-ins as well. Just keep in mind as folks are using the Demo Clinic throughout the day, they may edit the access levels of different staff profiles.
▶ 🧑💻 Staff Logins
April Kennedy. Username: "frontdesk"
- Role: Admin Staff
Marcus Gregory. Username: "chiro"
- Role: Chiropractor
Susan Lo. Username: "therapist"
-Role: Massage Therapist
Jo-Ellen McKay. Username: "physio"
- Role: Physiotherapist, Clinical Pilates instructor
Maya Lopez-Chapman. Username: "counsellor"
- Role: Mental Health Counsellor
Michael Carroll. Username: "naturopath"
- Role: Naturopath
Zoey Swift. Username: "massage"
- Role: Massage Therapist, Acupuncturist
Frank Warren. Username: "practitioner"
- Role: Massage Therapist
Jane Tip: Mental health practitioners who work together in one Jane site commonly have their staff access level set to Practitioner Limited by the Account Owner so that the practitioners can’t see each other’s schedules or client info. Curious to see what Practitioner Limited looks like? Try changing a staff member’s access level, and then log in as them.
Guides for Basic Workflows
When you first log into the Demo Clinic, it can feel like there’s a lot going on! If you’re not sure where to get started, we have some step-by-step training resources you can complete at your own pace, which have been reported by clinics to be helpful resources to speed up onboarding.
We refer to this training program as Jane University, and we have lesson plans for both Front Desk and Practitioners:
Practitioner Training: Lesson 1
You can browse through the chapters of each resource on the menu to the left of our guide:
Testing out Jane Payments
Jane Payments is the name of our PCI-compliant payment solution for both terminal and online payments. You can test out the online payments function in the Demo Clinic as much as you like. 💰
Here are some Jane Payments workflows you might like to try:
- Process a payment
- Send a Pay Balance Email or Text
- Set up an Online Booking Pre-Payment Policy (Intermediate)
💳 You can use this fake credit card number when testing out Jane Payments:
Card Number: 4111 1111 1111 1111
Date: any future date
Security code: any 3 digits
Postal/ Zip code: any combo of 5 digits or letters
We hope you have fun playing around in the Demo Clinic! Whether you do some serious testing or just want to record a million-dollar payment for fun, we hope you find it helpful. If you have any questions or need a hand, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.