Get Paid! 🙌 In this lesson we’ll cover the following Insurer Payment topics:
- Posting Insurer Payments
- Posting a Second Insurer Payment
- Posting a $0 EOB
- Managing Past Insurer Payments
- Delete or Unapply an Insurer Payment
- Courtesy Billing
- Managing Secondary Insurance
Insurer payments can be posted in two different ways depending on how you receive insurer remittances.
- Electronically in the Remittances tab.
- If an insurer sends you electronic remittances (ERAs), you’ll definitely want to post payments this way! Check out the following guide to learn more about this flow: Posting Insurer Payments With ERAs
- With our integration with Claim.MD, you won’t need to post ERA’s manually, as those will populate automatically in your Remittances tab! Check out this guide if you’d like to learn more about this new integration and how to set it up in your Jane account: Integrated Claims with Claim.MD
- Manually in Billing > Insurer Invoices > New Payment
- This is how you’ll need to manage payments if an insurer only provides paper remittances. To dive into this workflow, check out the following guide: Posting Insurer Payments With Paper Remittances
- If you want some additional guidance on how to record your paper remittances in detail, please have a look at the following guide where we walk through a detailed example: Posting EOBs: An Example
Sometimes an insurance company will send multiple remittances and payments towards a single claim. To learn how to manage any additional remittances/payments you may receive, check out this guide: Recording an Additional Insurer Payment
Have you received a $0 EOB and need to record it in detail? Maybe the patient hasn’t met their deductible and you still need to record what was approved for each code.
If so, hop into this guide to learn more: Posting a $0 EOB
All payments received by Insurers can be managed by heading to the Billing tab, and scrolling down to find the Insurer Invoices section on the left:
Click on the Insurer name to display all Billing information for this payer.
The Purchases page lists for you all invoices for this payer. This list of invoices can be filtered at the top of the page.
The Payments tab lists all payments recorded from this payer.
The Insurance Policies tab provides a full list of Patients who have coverage (an insurance policy) with this payer.
There are a number of reasons to want to unapply a payment from an insurer invoice - whether it be to create a credit towards that insurer, refund a payment, or even just temporarily unlink the payment from the invoice to edit some of the coverage details.
To learn how to unapply an insurance payment, hop into the this guide:
If you have entered a payment in error, and instead need to delete the insurer payment, follow the steps outlined in the following guide document:
On every Jane account, the insurance billing default is set to Collect from Insurance. This means that you are expecting the insurance company to pay you rather than send the money directly to the patient. However, you do have the option to switch a purchase on your account to Patient Pre-Pay if you plan on courtesy billing.
Learn more about how this works here: Courtesy Billing or Patient Pre-Pay
To learn more about recording EOBs for patients with dual coverage, please have a look at this handy guide: Managing Secondary Claims & EOBs