If you’re using Online Appointments, you may have noticed a private waiting area for your client designed to give you a heads up when they join a call and let you choose when to admit them to your Online Appointment. In this guide, you can learn all about this helpful update.
For clinics offering only 1:1 Online Appointments: To experience the full benefits of this update, iPhone and iPad users will need to ensure the Jane Online Appointments App is up to date. Calls will still go through without the update, but there won’t be an option to admit your client from the waiting area. You can skip to this section to learn more about the required update.
Let’s take a peek to see what all the noise is about! 🎶
- As usual, clients can access their call from the link in their email, or from their My Account page. Clients will enter the Waiting Room area until their practitioner admits the client to their online appointment.
- While in the waiting area, clients will be greeted and have the opportunity to confirm their appointment details prior to joining the session so that they feel confident that they’ve accessed their appointment correctly.
- Jane also lets them know that the practitioner will be with them when they are ready.
If the practitioner joins the session first, they will also be presented with their appointment details and can admit their client once the client has accessed the waiting area.
Alright, let’s get to the fun part!
- Practitioners who have entered their online appointment before the client will hear a chime once their client has entered. So… not so much a “knock-knock,” as a ding-ding-ding! 🔔
- Once the client has arrived in the Waiting Room, the practitioner’s Admit button will turn blue for 1:1 Online Appointments, and green for Group Online Appointments. Click the Admit button to let the client(s) in when you’re ready.
New appointment badges to let you know when the client is waiting
A green Client Is Waiting badge now displays on clients’ appointments in the admin schedule and in the appointment panel when a client has entered the waiting area so that staff members know in real-time when their client is waiting.
Now for the technical stuff.
Browsers, Devices, and Jane Online Appointments App Updates
Users accessing the Online Appointments feature through Chrome using a laptop, desktop, Android, or Samsung device will want to be sure that their browser is up-to-date. There are no changes here but keeping your device up-to-date with the most recent operating and browser software updates helps to keep Jane running smoothly.
Additional Resources for Helping Staff Members and Clients
- Using Jane Online Appointments on iPad and iPhones
- Client’s Guide for accessing Online Appointments
- Troubleshooting Guide for Online Appointments
- Online Appointments - FAQ
There you have it! We look forward to hearing what you think and if you have any questions, please email our support team at [email protected].