👋 “It was so good to see you, and I hope you enjoyed your treatment today. Would you… like to leave a tip?”
Well, that’s an awkward way to end a conversation.
Good thing you can avoid that with the help of your Jane Payments Terminal! You can now have your terminal privately prompt your clients to leave a tip so you don’t have to.
But wait, there’s more! 😉 Check out these neat tip-related features we’re so excited to be able to offer through the Jane Payments Terminal:
- Choose three pre-set percentage amounts your clients can quickly choose from (as well as the option to enter a custom amount or to skip the tip entirely)
- Turn off tips during a particular client’s checkout with one click, if it’s not an appropriate time to prompt for a tip
How do I get started?
- Head to your Settings > Jane Payments area
- Click on Manage All Terminals
- Click the pencil icon beside your terminal ✏️
This is where you’ll be able to manage your terminal, including the name of it and which Location it lives at, and Enable Tips!
*Once you’ve updated your tip percentages, it will take 2-3 minutes before those changes show up on your terminal.
🙅♂️Don’t want to prompt a specific client for a tip? You’ll have the option to turn it off for that transaction during checking out. On the Receive Payment screen, directly under the $-total on Step 2, you can uncheck the box that says ‘Allow tipping on this terminal payment?’
We hope this helps you make a little extra dough without the uncomfortable interactions!