We thought you’d never ask, but on the off chance you did… we went ahead and prepared this guide for you. 😉
First, what is Jane Payments?
Jane Payments is the name of our integrated payment solution for both online and terminal payments.
If you’re curious about our processing fees by country, feel free to pop on over to our FAQ here. Now, let’s take a look to see how Jane Payments can help boost your practice’s revenue while spending less time managing your money.
🖥️ Jane’s Online Payments
- Online Payments can be linked to individual practitioners’ bank accounts so payments can be automatically deposited into their personal accounts.
- There are also multiple options for saving a credit card on file. Clients can enter their credit card info through their My Account client portal; they can add a card at the time of booking (if required through your clinic’s Online Booking Pre-Payment policy); or you can add a card to their profile administratively.
- Online Booking Pre-Payment policies: add a pre-payment or deposit policy, or simply require a credit card on file for online booking. We’ve heard through the grapevine that this can really help reduce no-shows.
- Easily collect payments online for 1:1 and Group Online Appointments. No need for your clients to come into the clinic to settle their outstanding balances.
- Avoid the awkward post-session payment scramble by seamlessly charging their card on file.
- Automatically charge a credit card for a recurring membership.
- Accept insurer credit cards.
- Send payable invoices by email.
🔒 Rest assured, no credit card data is stored in Jane. When you enter credit card information into Jane, Jane creates and keeps a token that can be used to reference that information. But the actual sensitive data is sent to and stored within our payment solution partner Stripe, who holds the highest security certification in the industry.
🙎♂️👩💼 💳 The Jane Payments Terminal
- The Jane Payments Terminal can link to each of your practitioner’s bank accounts to send them their payments directly. 💸 Yep, you heard that right, no need for multiple terminals.
- You’ll have the option to save a credit card on file when a client taps, swipes, or inserts their card into the Jane Payments Terminal. This is an easy way to save payment information, which can help prevent no-shows.
- All reporting for payments processed through Jane Online Payments and the Jane Payments Terminal will be in Jane, in real-time, all on one payout schedule. This means less time reconciling payments, and less chance of error from manual entry, too.
Please note, the Jane Payments Terminal:
- Will require a strong, reliable internet or wifi connection to function. If you are a mobile clinic, we recommend reaching out to our Support team with any questions before purchasing a terminal.
- Is available for Jane Payments users in 🇨🇦 Canada and 🇺🇸 the US (not available in the UK).
💡 If you’re unsure whether you need a Jane Payments Terminal or not, take our Payment Personality Quiz!
What to expect:
Simple start-up and no hidden fees
We’ve made receiving payments simple. No long paper applications, or pages and pages of different or hidden fees. We do need to collect some additional information about you and your clinic though, which we’ve built right into Jane.
We don’t believe in all those monthly, annual, setup, compliance, or other “hidden” fees. Just one fee per transaction, and no huge bill looming at the end of the month.
We’ve brought all your credit card processing data right into Jane. No logging into multiple websites for reporting, or comparing a crumpled POS slip to your totals recorded in Jane.
You’ll always know how much you’re paying in transaction fees, the amount that’ll be deposited into your bank account, and when that’s going to happen. No more complicated end-of-month statements that leave you guessing - Jane Payments gives you all the information you need in just a few clicks, in real-time.
Helpful support, always
Whether you’re looking for help with online booking, charting, or taking payments, our lovely Support team can help you out, no matter what your question is. No more going back and forth to your payment processor - it’s all the same team here at Jane!
Thinking about taking payments with Jane Payments?
We can’t wait for you to try it out! Full-access users can head to the Settings > Jane Payments area of your Jane account, and click the “Get Started” button. Sign-up is completely online through Jane, and only takes a few minutes.
Or, head on over to our next guide: Setting up Jane Payments for more detailed step-by-step guidance.