Customer Support at Jane is not just a regular ol’ support job. Working on the Support team is different at Jane because for us, Support is at the heart of our company. You’ll see this in the way that the Support team functions as the ‘stem cells’ of Jane—we have Support team members throughout Jane, helping infuse other roles in our company with the heart of Jane’s customers. Don’t be surprised then that we expect a lot from our Support team. For example, our Support team also functions as our Sales team. But introverts, fear not: we don’t use cold calls to sell Jane. Instead, we grow the same way our customers do; we provide a service that’s so good, customers can’t help themselves from recommending Jane to their friends.
At Jane, we want our Support team to be friendly, qualified, and knowledgeable as Support is dependent on accurate and speedy responses. While we have some metrics that we monitor, we value genuine connection more than hitting targets. We have extremely lovely and happy users, and this consistent message from their time before joining Jane and then after signing up is one of the reasons why. We never over-promise and we always aim to over-deliver.
As a Support team member, your day-to-day would consist of handling phone and email correspondence from either current or interested users, running online demonstrations of Jane by request, and possibly attending some conferences on occasion to represent Jane in the community.
Jane is headquartered in North Vancouver but is a remote-first employer, welcoming candidates from anywhere in Canada. In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future. When we do make it back in, Jane has a pretty great office in North Vancouver overlooking both the mountains and the ocean. Being located at the base of the North Shore mountains has meant that after-work mountain biking and snowboarding is super easy. Some of us have even managed an early morning trail run before starting the day — in small, socially-responsible sized groups, of course.
We value a good fit over experience, but relevant experience in the clinical world is like gold. If you’ve ever worked at a front desk or managed a clinic, we would love to hear your story. Same thing with supporting another software or having used Jane before, of course!
Here is a page we put together that details our #Mission, our #Vision, and our #Values, and will give you a more detailed look at what it takes to succeed at Jane.
And here’s a bit more about what we’ll expect from you and who we’re looking for:
- Phone and email support of Jane users–solving problems, not just answering questions
- Troubleshooting and investigating a variety of customer questions related to day-to-day clinic operations
- Ensure customer retention and satisfaction - contribute to Jane’s reputation and effectively build strong relationships across the Jane community
- Guide our customers in achieving their goals - make Jane valuable
- Experience in customer success or Allied Health Clinics
- Have at least 1-3 years in an online-customer facing role (preferably SaaS)
- Experience using customer service software for all channels (phones, emails, and live chat)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and tech-savvy
- Ability to be resourceful and determined to find a solution
- Demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and experience
- Reliable, self-motivated, and excited by fast-paced work
- Problem solver
- Positive and team-oriented
- Committed to growing and thriving in the support role
A final note: Jane is a growth company, which means that the role is always changing as the company grows and expands. To be happy at Jane requires a level of comfort with ambiguity.
Starting salary is $50,000 and increases to $60,000 after 1 year. Because we believe that everyone needs to take a break, vacation time starts at 2 weeks pro-rated and is bumped up to 3 weeks after 1 year. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that starts on day 1 and a chance to own a part of Jane through our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
If you want to get started, prepare the following application:
Cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit at Jane - tell us why we’d be making a mistake if we don’t hire you :)
We’re excited to meet you.