Hey Jane community,
We’re fast approaching that magical time of year when people realize they haven’t used all their benefits, and suddenly, you’re busier than a snowplow in a snowstorm. In light of that, we’ve been working hard to get our insurance features in tiptop shape.
For our non-insurance billing folk, there are some pretty sweet updates in the Honourable Mentions for you, so feel free to scroll on down!
(1) Update: Insurance information on Intake Forms
You’re now able to specify whether you want to collect the primary policy holder’s (ie. your client’s spouse or parent) personal details, address, or both.
When your client selects anything other than ‘self’ for ‘Relationship to Insured’, new fields will now appear to collect those details. As before, this information will all automatically populate into your client’s insurance policies, awaiting your review.
(2) 🇺🇸 Update: Insurer-Specific Modifiers
This one is for our U.S. community: You can now set-and-forget insurer-specific modifiers instead of having to add modifiers to every single appointment!
From your Billing Settings, you can set up default modifiers for any insurers that need them. Less manual entry means fewer rejections (and hopefully fewer grey hairs as well).
- Patient Privacy Mode: (Shift + P) will now work in Reports!
- Account Security: To enhance the security of your Jane accounts, we’ve done away with social-only logins for staff. You can still use your social login, but you’ll need to also set up an email address/username and password.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Folks were finding that their favourite keyboard shortcuts weren’t working from the Day view. We investigated this, so you can once again take control/command.
- The Day view was also preventing practitioners from being able to Copy or Move appointments over to the Schedule. We figured out what was going on, and Jane is once again moving Appointments between the Day and Schedule views.
- The Wait List: You can now see updates made by patients or other practitioners in real-time! You can also add a new Patient Profile directly from the waitlist, just like you can from the Appointment Panel.
- 🇺🇸 We added a View Claim Response(s) option in the Insurance Info sections of the Appointment Panel and Purchases screen. Going forward, if a claim is connected to a claim response and you want to view or edit the EOB for the appointment, it’ll be best to use this new option instead of “Edit EOB” so you can see the remittance details.
- Thinking about updating your website for the New Year? Check out our friends at Clinic Sites! Clinic Sites will synchronize with your Jane account to pull over your publicly available information and auto-populate pages for your website. We love how easy and helpful they’ve been for so many of our Jane clinics.
… and so much more! Check out our Changelog to see everything that’s new in Jane.
That’s a wrap on the November update! We’ve been hard at work on some exciting new features that we cannot wait to share with you (but will have to for now 😉). Go ahead and hit reply if you have any questions, comments, or feedback for us; we’re always happy to hear from you.
Until next month,
Ali & Trevor, co-founders, on behalf of the Jane team