Hey there, Jane community,
Can you believe it’s the end of February already? We hope that 2022 has been treating you well so far. Over the past couple of months, our team has been busy cooking up some new and exciting things for all of you. 🍳
Let’s take a look at what’s on the menu: Our main course today is an update to our U.S. Claim Submission Folders. For anyone not billing insurance in the US, don’t worry, you won’t go hungry! There are some tasty treats down below, and we’re pulling another big batch of features out of the oven right now. They just need a little time to cool before we serve them up to you. 😉
🇺🇸 U.S. Insurance Billing: Claim Submission Folders Update
The core functionality hasn’t changed here, but there are a few improvements that we know will make your insurance billing go so much smoother.
There’s a new Claim Summary panel that shows you everything you need to know about a claim at-a-glance. We’ve added checkboxes to select your claims for submission and a summary at the bottom of the page to show you how many you’ve chosen, from how many different insurers, and whether they’re primary or secondary claims. We’ve also moved the big orange submit button from the top of the screen to the bottom right, for a more intuitive experience. Bon appétit! 🧑🍳
Here are a few more sweet treats: 🍬
- My Account: We’ve updated the Documents section of your Client’s My Account to display files in order from newest to oldest. For your clients, this means no more scrolling through dozens of surveys to find the info you’ve just shared! A small but mighty change. 💪
- Locations: We’ve added a drop-down menu to the Locations screen that will let you choose to view your active Locations or archived Locations. We also added a reminder there to save your changes while creating or editing a Location, because who doesn’t need a little nudge to save their work sometimes?
- Keyboard Shortcuts: They say there are no shortcuts in life, but there sure are in Jane! And we’ve just added two more. Hitting ‘K’ on your keyboard will now bring up your Task list and using ‘Shift + ?’ will pull up the full list of keyboard shortcuts that are available.
- 🇺🇸 ICD10 Code Set: We did some early Spring cleaning of the ICD10 Code Set. 🧹 We’ve added any codes we missed in our last update and swept away any old, deprecated codes. While there might still be a few dust bunnies we’re working on, all active codes are now included in the code set.
- 🇨🇦 Sun Life Financial: Sun Life has decided to create their own stand-alone portal, so practice management vendors, like Jane, can no longer submit to Sun Life through TELUS eClaims. We’ve been easing this transition by updating your Sun Life (TELUS eClaims) insurers and their associated insurance policies from integrated electronic submissions to portal billing, as well as preventing any new Sun Life (TELUS eClaims) insurers from being created.
Want a peek inside Jane’s kitchen? Check out our Changelog!
We hope you found something to your taste. 🍴 As always, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and let us know if you have any questions or feedback.
We always appreciate hearing from you,
Ali & Trevor, Co-Founders, on behalf of the Jane team.