Hello Jane Community,
Is it October already? We’ve been so busy over here that we almost forgot to give you an update on all the cool things we’ve been working on. It was a big month for new features, and we’re so excited to share them with you. Better late than never?
Here are a few of the ways we made Jane better in September:
(1) Online Appointments in Jane
Not really a new feature, but we’ve updated our Online Appointments to allow you to choose when to admit your client to a call. A chime (knock knock ✊) and a banner on the appointment will let you know when your client has arrived. Then, you can finish chewing that last bite of lunch and admit them to the call once you’re sure there’s nothing stuck in your teeth.
We added Online Appointments before they were quite ready in response to COVID-19. Your feedback has been so helpful in our mission to make them the best they can be. For more on this (and what’s coming next) check out this post in the Jane Community Forum.
(2) A New ERA in US Insurance Billing
🇺🇸 This is a big one for our U.S. community that bills insurance. Jane’s new ERA (Electronic Remittance Advice) Management Tool allows you to upload ERAs from your clearinghouse to Jane and then post the payment quickly and easily. We’ve already heard that it’s saving you a ton of time and we couldn’t be happier.
(3) Customizable Client Sign-Up
Have you ever wished that you could customize the information your clients are asked to provide when they book their first appointment or sign up for their My Account? Well, here at Jane, we like to make wishes come true. You now have more flexibility to request, require, or omit information on your client sign-up page, including Date of Birth, Marketing Email opt-in, PHN, Pronouns, and more.
Here are some of the other things the team has been working on:
- Ratings & Reviews: We’ve done a bit of a renovation of the setup page to make these even easier for you to use.
- Insurance Information in Intake Forms: After receiving some great feedback on this new feature, we’ve tweaked it so that uploading a photo is optional instead of required.
- Pronouns: We’ve introduced some additional translations in Danish, German, English, Spanish, Estonian, French, Italian, Dutch, and Portuguese.
- Tasks: Jane was taking the saying, “If you want something done right, do it yourself” a little too seriously and assigning every Task to whoever added it. We sorted that out, and you can once again assign Tasks to other staff members.
- Online Booking for Clients: Clients who had Jane open in multiple tabs on their browser were running into issues when booking appointments online. We’ve fixed that up so even your tab-happiest clients can confidently book their appointments.
Want to see what else is new? You can find all the updates in Jane’s Changelog!
That’s all for this month. If you have any questions, comments, or ideas on how we can make Jane better, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We love talking to you.
Until next time,
Ali and Trevor, on behalf of the Jane Team