Did you know you can add formatting to your Charting in Jane? If you haven’t checked it out yet, we definitely recommend it.
Want to give it a try?
- Use your cursor to highlight the text you’d like to format.
- A toolbar will appear, giving you the option to Bold (B), Underline (U), Italicize (I), Link (🔗), and create Bulleted or Numbered lists. If you get a little carried away, you can also use the crossed-out ‘T’ on the far right to remove it all.
Formatting is available in any Note field that you chart in. You can add formatting to your Chart Templates, as well as directly into your Chart Entries.
Follow along with Michelle in the video below as she uses Jane’s formatting features to jazz up a client handout Chart Template.
Why add formatting to your Charting?
Which of the above chart entries do you find easier to read and understand? If you said the one on the left, we totally agree!
Charting is all about communication. Whether it’s a progress report, request for an extension, a letter, or a patient record, we think it could all benefit from a little extra style and structure. Formatting allows you to emphasize key points, organize recommendations, and link resources to provide a little extra clarity. Your clients, colleagues, and future self will thank you.
🌶 Hot tip: any links you add will be available for Clients in their My Account area when you share a Chart Entry with them.
If you’re a fan of keyboard shortcuts, you can use those too:
📌 A few key notes:
- Formatting will be included when the chart entry is exported as a PDF or printed.
- Once a chart entry has been signed, you will not be able to make any formatting changes. This means you won’t be able to re-format any existing, signed chart entries.
- This is available on mobile! Highlight the text and your device’s formatting shortcuts will appear for you to use.
We hope you’re as excited about this as we are.💃 As always, if you have any questions you can give us a shout and we’ll be happy to help. Happy formatting!