You can set up your schedule to display by rooms in your clinic. In this view, each room will display in the main schedule as a column.
IMPORTANT: if a staff member is scheduled in multiple rooms at the same time, and all shifts are enabled for online booking, Jane will continue to offer appointments for an available time until all spots are filled. For example, a practitioner working in 3 rooms at a time beginning at 1pm will continue to display a 1pm availability online until all 3 rooms have been booked. If you have staff members competing for space in the same room on a first-come-first-serve basis, check out our guide on Resource Booking.
Note that you’ll need to be logged in as a user with Full Access and have “Advanced Scheduling” turned on. To turn this on, head to Settings > Schedule Settings > Advanced Scheduling and check the box.
- Head over to Settings > Room Scheduling.
- Choose “New Room” to create a room.
- Name your room and assign a location
- You can then choose to assign all of a practitioner’s existing shifts to a room, or skip this step to update manually. You can return to the room later to batch assign shifts.
Assigning Shifts to a Room
A shift can be assigned to a Room when you are creating or editing an individual shift, or using the Manage Shifts Tool. Shifts that are not yet assigned to a room will show up in an “Other” column when the Schedule is in Room View.
- Click the “Shifts” button to work with shifts
- Click on the shift that needs to be assigned
- Use the drop down to assign the shift to a room
- Decide if all shifts in the series should be assigned or just the single shift
- Review any conflicting shifts in that room
Note: If you have many existing shifts that need to be assigned to rooms, you can use the Assign Staff to Room feature in the Rooms management area.
💡Pro Tip: in the Schedule, Rooms will appear in order based on capitalization and then alphabetical. So for rooms called alpha, Bravo, charlie, DELTA will show in order: Bravo, DELTA, alpha, charlie.
Once you have rooms set up you will see a “Rooms” button in the upper right-hand corner of the Schedule screen. You can choose to view all rooms for a day, or a single room for a week.
Single Day View
From a single day view on the schedule, such as the “Everyone Today” view, click on “Rooms” button to see the Room schedule for the current day. You can still navigate using the arrow buttons or the “Go To Date” date picker to show the past and future.
For a weekly view of a single room, use the drop-down beside the “Rooms” button to select a Room to view. You will see everyone scheduled in that room for a week.