Disclaimer about our import guides: We create our guides through the experiences we have importing from different software, as well as searching for guide documents from these software to assist our customers in transitioning over to Jane. If you have any difficulty while retrieving your data, it’s best to reach out directly to your current software provider.
Moving from ChiroTouch to Jane
While moving your practice from ChiroTouch to Jane, we’ve got your back every step of the day. Whether you’re thinking about making the move, or have already signed up for your new Jane account, our support and dedicated imports team are available to ensure your success in getting started with us.
The best part? That’s all free with Jane. Even if you’re not practicing with Jane yet, you can feel free to reach out to us and ask any burning questions you have!
What can you expect?
We’ve successfully brought over patient demographics, products, and future appointments from this system.
Below is what we know of how to gather your information from ChiroTouch to import it into Jane.
Please Note: We’ve had customers reach out to us and depending on which version of ChiroTouch you’re running, these outlined steps may not be accurate. Unfortunately, ChiroTouch does not offer public-facing guides or support documentation in regards to most of this information, so we’re not able to get specifics regarding that.
If you’re experiencing difficulty at any point, it’s best to reach out directly to them for assistance.
Exporting Data for Jane
We’re able to import most of your data using Excel or CSV files, though, we can also import things like Charts using an image file such as PDF or JPEG, providing we have a way to match the file to each patient.
Exporting your Customers from ChiroTouch
Here is what we know for exporting your Customers from ChiroTouch, which we are able to import for you to create patient profiles in Jane.
- Click on Billing/Statement Reports
- Click on Data Export
- On the left-hand side, select Patient Data as the export type
- From the filter menu, select Patient First Name, and select Present as the criteria, then click Add
- Repeat for Patient Last Name, Patient Phone Number, Patient Birth Date, etc. Select as many details as you can to ensure you’re retrieving all of your desired demographics
- Click Save (this will save the custom filter for future use. Save this report filter on the computer. To access the saved filter in the future, click Load on the Data Export screen and select the filter file). This saving step only needs to be done the first time
- Select Excel, and then click on Export
- Open the file
- Create the headers (by selecting the first row, then right-click, then Insert), and insert the appropriate headers (Patient First Name, Patient Last Name, DOB, Phone Number). There may be a couple of columns containing phone numbers. Choose the column with the cell phone numbers, and label this “Phone number”
ChiroTouch also has a guide going over the export of the data. Click here to see that.
Exporting your Appointments from ChiroTouch
We have seen appointments exported from ChiroTouch with the “Future Schedule By Date” report. This can be found in the Reports Manager Folder Location: Patients_Appointments or in the Front Desk Folder Location: Office Reports.
Here is a complete list of reports in ChiroTouch.
Insurers and Policies
We can import your insurers and insurance policies into Jane from ChiroTouch. You are able to export this file in CSV or Excel format, which you can then provide to us.
Prior to uploading your insurers, you can go through our guide on Importing Your Insurers and Policies to Jane for more information on how to get the best experience importing these to Jane.
Exporting your ChiroTouch Chart Notes
Chart data is only able to be exported for individual patients and not in bulk. ChiroTouch may be able to perform this for you, but most likely at a cost. Reach out to them for further information should exporting individual patients be too cumbersome.
Charts from ChiroTouch can be exported by following these steps:
- Choose your patient
- Go to Dx and then hit the Print button on the right side of the screen
- An options box will appear. Specify the way you would like your chart notes
- Name - Use facility name and address
- Print in chronological order
- Include diagnosis
- Print chart notes (you can choose specific dates, or All)
- Hit OK. Choose to preview on screen
- Hit the Export button and make sure the export type is PDF
- Hit Browse for location
- Name your file. Please read below for how to name your exported files.
Each patient’s chart notes will need to be exported in this manner. Next, put all your exported PDF files in a zip file, and then upload the single zip file to your import request in Jane. You only need to zip your files once.
Naming your Files
This is an important step and helps us during the import process accurately identify which patient the charts belong to. There are a couple of ways to name the file, but the following works best:
You can choose which identifier makes sense for you and is easiest. This can be a unique patient number for the patient that’s present on the patient list export as well, or date of birth formatted yyyymmdd.
Should you want a bit more detail about that, scroll down to the Charts section of our Basics of Importing to Jane guide.
If you see other data that you’re able to export in Excel or CSV, we may be able to import that as well for you to some capacity. As a reminder, we are not able to import Billing Data. The guide above on the Basics of Importing to Jane shares what we’re able to import for you across Jane.
Should you have questions about what you may or may not be able to import, however, feel free to reach out to us at any time.
ChiroTouch Billing Data
We don’t import billing information such as Accounts Receivable or Credits as there are formatting issues between the two systems, but our understanding is that ChiroTouch allows for the export of your billing data to back up files prior to your license expiring, so you can retain access to this information after your ChiroTouch access has ended.
We also have a great guide on Transitioning Your Clients Credits/Receivables to Jane that you can follow along with to ensure that’s entered into Jane for you should you need to carry these over.
Uploading into Jane
To ensure that your data is uploaded to the correct account, and for security reasons, we do not accept patient data via email. You can upload the files to us in the Settings > Schedule an Import area.
You can find an overview of this process here: Scheduling Your Import
If you’re not already part of the Jane community, welcome! We’re so glad you found us. If you’re looking for web-based software to help run your Chiropractic clinic, we think you should meet Jane. Take a virtual tour, book a demo with one of our lovely support staff, or sign up here!