Here’s what we know about moving over from SimplePractice to Jane.
Disclaimer about our import guides: We create our guides through the experiences we have importing from different software, as well as searching for guide documents from these softwares to assist our customers in transitioning over to Jane. If you have any difficulty while retrieving your data, it’s best to reach out directly to your current software provider.
Exporting your Patients and Charts from SimplePractice
So coming from SimplePractice, we’ll need you to upload your Client data by doing the following:
- Go to My Account > Settings.
- Select Data Export under the Administration section on the left navigation pane.
- You have 3 options for what you can download: Complete, Sessions, Contacts.
- On the data export page, select All Clients.
- Generating your export will take a few minutes, and you will receive an email letting you know when this file is ready to download. After you receive this email, you should return to the Data Export page where you’ll see a link to download the export file to your computer.
SimplePractice has a more detailed exporting guide with screenshots if you’d like to refer to that instead.
Exporting anything else from SimplePractice
We have never had a client successfully export any other data from SimplePractice - so appointments need to be moved over manually by booking them in one at a time after we’ve imported your patients. It’s good to plan your import over a time period where there’s some down time (such as a weekend) to book the appointments in.
SimplePractice Billing Data
We don’t import billing information as there are formatting issues between the two systems, but we can show you how to manually transition your patient credits and receivables into Jane.
Uploading into Jane
To ensure that your data is uploaded to the correct account, and for security reasons, we do not accept patient data via email. You can upload the files to us in the Settings > Schedule an Import area.
You can find an overview of this process here: Scheduling Your Import
If you need any further help getting all set up to run with Jane, just let us know!