Here’s what we know about exporting your data from Square 🔲
Disclaimer about our import guides: We create our guides through the experiences we have importing from different software, as well as searching for guide documents from these softwares to assist our customers in transitioning over to Jane. If you have any difficulty while retrieving your data, it’s best to reach out directly to your current software provider.
Exporting a Customer List from Square
To export your customers as a CSV (comma-separated values) file from Square:
- Sign in to your online Square account to open your Square Dashboard.
- Select Customers in the options menu on the left.
- Select Directory.
- Select Import/Export to expand the menu.
- Select Export Customers.
- Select All Customers.
- Select Export to build the report.
- Select Download to save the file to your device.
Exporting Appointments from Square
To export your past & upcoming appointment history as a CSV file from Square:
- From the History tab, you can view and export your appointment history.
- Select Export in the top-right corner.
- Follow the steps to save the file to your device.
The History CSV file contains your appointment history, including location, status of the appointment, address, service, duration, client name, client email address, client phone number, and the staff member who fulfilled the appointment, which we can use to import into Jane.
Exporting your Item Library from Square
To export your item library as a CSV file from Square:
- Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Actions > Export.
- Choose to download an Excel or CSV file.
- Select Export.
Exporting anything else from Square
Square Billing Data
We aren’t able to import billing information into Jane due to its complex nature and different ways of storing financial information. We can show you how to manually transition your patient credits and receivables into Jane.
Uploading into Jane
To ensure that your data is uploaded to the correct account, and for security reasons, we do not accept patient data via email. You can upload the files to us by scheduling an import in your account and then uploading them for us there. To book an import, you can navigate to Settings > Schedule an Import > Begin:
You can find a step-by-step guide of this process here: Scheduling an Import
If you need any further help getting set up to run with Jane, just let us know!