💡This guide assumes that you already have a 1:1 Online Appointment booked in with your provider. You will want to reach out to your clinic directly if you are unsure.
Let’s get you connected for that upcoming video call.
We recommend using the latest version of Chrome on your desktop or laptop computer.
To join your session on an iPhone or iPad, hop over to the following guide: Using Your iPhone/iPad for 1:1 Online Appointments (For Clients).
There are two ways you can begin your 1:1 Online Appointment.
1. Join via Email Appointment Reminder
You will receive an Appointment Reminder email sent to you by your provider 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
Click the Begin button at the bottom of the email to begin:
2. Join via My Account
Alternatively, you can access this same Begin button by visiting your clinic’s Jane site, using the Sign In or Sign Up button in the top right-hand corner, and logging into your account.
The URL to the clinic’s Jane site will look something like clinicnamehere.janeapp.com — often, clinics will include a direct link to their Jane online booking site on their website, but you can always ask if you are unsure!
Once you have logged into your account, you will want to navigate to the Upcoming Appointments tab on the left-hand side, then click the blue Begin button next to today’s appointment.
💡For your security and privacy, Jane’s 1:1 Online Appointments are not designed to record or store audio or video and all electronic audio and video communication will be encrypted in transit.
Jane and the clinic will need your consent before your Online Appointment begins. To provide it, click the I Consent button.
Jane Tip: If you’re having trouble with your 1:1 Online Appointment, refer to this troubleshooting guide.
This will start the session in a separate window, and you will enter a private waiting area. If your practitioner has already joined the call, they’ll admit you as soon as they’re ready. If they haven’t joined yet, you’ll hear a chime 🔔 once they’ve started your call.
Practitioners and clients using an iOS device (iPhone or iPad) for 1:1 Online Appointments: Please ensure the Jane Online Appointments App is up to date for the best experience. You can visit the App Store Here to update the App.
Once you have joined the call, you will be able to:
- Mute or unmute your audio.
- Enable or disable the video camera.
- Send messages in the chat.
Here’s what each of the icons along the bottom of the screen does:
From left to right:
- Mute/Unmute - Great for those moments when you need to mute sounds during the call.
- Enable/Disable video - Click here to enable or disable your video.
- Screen share - A picture is worth a thousand words and sharing your screen with your practitioner helps share that information.
- Text Chat Window - Use this to type to or share links with your practitioner.
- Raise hands - Click this to politely let the practitioner know that you want to speak.
- Tile View - Tile view lets you see yours and your practitioner’s video side by side.
- More actions
- Click on your name to change how it appears during the video call
- View fullscreen
- Settings - Opens the window to see all the settings mentioned above
When you’re ready to end the call, click the red Leave Call button at the bottom of the screen.
After the Online Appointment
Once you leave the 1:1 Online Appointment, you’ll have an opportunity to share your feedback about the video call with the Jane team as we look to continue refining the experience.
💡It’s important NOT to provide any private health information in this feedback since it will be reviewed by the Jane team.
If you would like to go back into the call, you can click the Re-Join Online Appointment button to reopen the call window.
That’s it! If you run into any issues with connecting to the call or seeing blurry images, check out our troubleshooting guide to help resolve those issues.