If an appointment has already been paid for, and a client needs a Superbill, you can now add billing codes (with no price value) to a paid invoice.
*Please note, this is for accounts subscribed to the Insurance Plan.
If you are adding billing codes that have no price associated, you are now able to do so by selecting the appointment on the schedule and scrolling down to “Insurance Info”.
You can search for billing codes that you have created or saved as a favorite to make a Superbill.
You can also add a billing code from the patient profile.
1) Navigate to the Billing area of the patient’s Profile.
2) Click the “View” button beside the relevant purchase.
3) Scroll down to the Insurance section to search and add billing codes to create a Superbill.
Adding/editing/removing billing codes (that have a price value) from a paid appointment:
If you need to either add, edit, or remove billing codes (with a price value) from the appointment to change the cost of the appointment using billing codes, you can do so by editing the Insurance section of the purchase (either from the schedule or from the patient’s billing area).
1) You can change the multiple of the procedural code that you’ve billed
2) You can either remove a billing code completely or change the billing code (to retain the diagnosis codes and modifiers you’ve entered for the code)
3) You can remove some or all of your diagnosis codes or you can simply rearrange their order
4) Add in additional procedural codes as required
If you are changing what is being billed (i.e. removing/adding a billing code with an assigned rate, changing a multiple), then you will change the invoiced amount. If your edit adds an additional charge, your patient will have a new outstanding balance on their account. Similarly, if your change reduces what was originally billed, the difference will become a credit on the patient’s account.
One thing to note here is that this information is not added directly to the chart. If you want to have the billing codes or diagnosis codes included in the chart, you will need to manually add them into a chart entry or template as well.
Manually adding billing codes to the invoice:
If you are on our Base Plan an need to add in billing codes to a patient’s invoice there is an option to manually add the billing codes as custom text to the Details section of the patient’s invoice. If you manually add the codes to this area, they will show up on the patient’s receipt.
To add your billing codes into the Details area of the patient invoice as custom text:
1) Access your patient’s invoice from the Billing Info section of the appointment side panel and click the blue Invoice link.
2) Manually type in the relevant billing codes into the Details area.
3) Click the blue Save button in the invoice and then print or email the receipt with your billing codes as desired!
This is what your receipts will look like with the added billing codes: