So you’ve gone ahead and set up some brand new telehealth treatments, and are looking to start booking in our clients for the sessions. Well, you’ve come to the right place!
If your client is having a bit of trouble connecting to the call from their end, we have a companion guide that you can direct them to here: How to Join Your Online Appointment (for Patients).
Booking an Online Appointment
When it comes to scheduling in an online appointment with one of your clients, the process will be very similar to how you currently book in a standard in-person appointment.
From the Schedule, click the particular date and time that you would like to book the session in for. When the appointment panel appears, specify the client that you will be working with, then choose the appropriate online appointment type from the drop-down.
You can then proceed to add any additional details that are required for this appointment, such as adding an insurance claim or notes, before clicking on that Book Appointment button to finalize the session. A “Thanks for Booking” email will be sent to your client shortly afterwards confirming their appointment.
If you have an email reminder set up for your clinic, Jane will include a direct link where the client can log in to their account and access the video call at the time of the appointment. In addition to the email reminders set in your account settings, Jane will send an email to the client with a direct link to join the call 30 minutes before an online appointment.
💡 If you hear from patients that they haven’t received the email reminder, check the reminder is enabled and check the patient’s profile to make sure they have opted in for that notification.
With that said, if you do not have an automatic email reminder set up for your clinic, not to worry! You will be able to manually trigger this link to go just prior to your online appointment. We cover this in the next section, Starting an Online Appointment, below.
Starting an Online Appointment
💡 The following instructions in this section assume that you already have an online appointment booked in with a client. If not, jump up to the Booking an Online Appointment section above first!
When it comes time to join your client for a video call, find the appointment in your Schedule or Day Sheet, and click on it to open up the Appointment panel.
At the top of the panel, you’ll find a button to Begin the online appointment— when you click this, the session will open in a separate window.
The Begin button will be available 1 hour before the session starts and will disappear 1 hour after the session ends.
If you would like to send a reminder notification to prompt the client to join the call, click the Resend Email Invitation link and Jane will resend the Appointment Reminder email.
If your client has entered the appointment before you, there will be a green badge on the appointment that says ‘Client is Waiting’.
When your client joins the call, they will enter a private waiting area. They’ll see a message confirming their appointment details and letting them know their practitioner will begin the call shortly.
If your client has already joined the call when you click Begin, you’ll be able to hit Admit Client when you are ready to start the call.
If you join the call before your client, you’ll hear a chime 🔔 once they have joined and the Admit Client button will light up blue.
- Practitioners and clients using an iOS device (iPhone or iPad): Please ensure the Jane Online Appointments App is up to date for an improved start of call experience. You can visit the App Store Here to update the App.
Once you have joined the call, you will be able to:
- Mute or unmute your audio
- Enable or disable the video camera
- Send messages to the other participant
Here’s what each of the icons along the bottom of the screen does:
From left to right:
- Mute/Unmute - Great for those moments when you need to mute sounds during the call
- Enable/Disable video - Click here to enable or disable your video
- Screen share - A picture is worth a thousand words and sharing your screen with your patient helps share that information easier!
- Text Chat Window - Use this to type to or share links with your client
- Raise hands - Click this to politely let the patient know that you want to speak.
- Tile View - Tile view lets you see everyone side by side
- More actions
- Click on your name to change how it appears during the video call
- Change video quality (High, Normal, Low, Low bandwidth) - If you’re finding the video a little choppy, lower the video quality here to help maintain a smooth online appointment
- View fullscreen
- Settings - Opens the window to see all the settings mentioned above
- Leave call - When you’re finished with your call, click here or simply close the tab.
When you are ready to end the call, click the red Leave Call button at the bottom of the screen.
And that’s all there is to it! As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any questions for us. Drop us a line at [email protected] or call in and chat with one of our lovely team members at 1-844-310-5263 (available Mondays through Fridays from 6am to 5pm PST).
Happy video conferencing!