Hey Jane community,
As we sat down to write this newsletter, we realized that so many of the improvements we made this month were based on your fantastic feedback. As a team, we talk a lot about how fortunate we are to have a community who talks to us (and each other!) as much as you do. It’s so special that we get to build Jane with all of you.
On that note, let’s look at all of the cool stuff that we made together this month:
(1) Better booking for Group Appointments and Classes
You can now book Group Appointments and Classes by clicking directly on the Schedule and choosing the appointment from the Treatment/Session drop-down on the Appointment panel!
When we released this 2 weeks ago, you let us know about a few changes that weren’t quite feeling right, so we got straight to work on those. We appreciate the quick feedback:
- 🚀 The way you add an insurance policy should be back to normal, whether you choose to select the Patient or the Treatment first.
- 🚀 We’ve added all those juicy client details back (last visit, # of no-shows, starred notes, etc.).
- 🔜 We heard that the Treatment drop-down wasn’t expanding to accommodate some longer Treatment names, so we’re working on ensuring everything fits on one line.
(2) Improvements: Online Appointments for Groups
Last month, we released our first optional add-on, a group telehealth feature, that allows you to meet with couples and families online right within Jane. We’ve been loving the feedback you’ve shared, so here’s a round-up of improvements we’ve made based on that:
- 🌊 Virtual backgrounds (on Chrome only), so you can now join your call from the ocean, the forest, or even outer space.
- 🎙️ A banner in the waiting room that helps everyone feel confident they’ve got their microphone and camera permissions enabled.
- 🎧 Persistent settings for your camera, speaker, and microphone inputs/outputs! This means that Jane will remember what you used on your last call (e.g. your wireless headphones) and connect to those first if they’re hooked up to your device.
- 🖼️ Better video sizing to make sure we’re using all of the space we can in the browser (on Chrome only right now).
- 📶 A network indicator to help you see how strong your internet is. You’ll also receive a notification if you experience a significant drop in your connection.
- Demo Clinic Password: You might already be familiar with our Demo Clinic, where you can play with new features and test out workflows. We’ve made it easier to access by adding the password to the Need Help? menu in your Jane account!
- Outcome Measure Surveys: We’ve made an update that lets you see the total score when you’re looking at an open Chart Entry.
- Late Cancellations: These will now appear as line items on your Product Performance report (just like No-Shows).
- 🇨🇦🇺🇸 Credit Cards on Intake Forms: The credit card collection field on your Intake Forms can now be made required. Full-access users in the US and Canada can head to Settings > Forms & Surveys > Intake Forms to update this.
- Webinars & Events: Our next webinar will be Converting Consults into Clients with Nicole McCance on April 12th at 9 AM PST [register here], and we’re hosting an Instagram Live on Navigating the Tax World as a Business Owner, Healthcare Professional, and Entrepreneur with Robin Valadares on April 3rd at 11 AM PST [follow us to join].
Want to keep up-to-date on everything that’s new in Jane? Bookmark our changelog and you can check in for bi-weekly updates.
That’s all for this month. You can keep chatting with us by adding votes and comments to our feature request board (we read them all!), joining the Jane Community group, or reaching out ([email protected]).
Talk to you soon, Ali and Trevor, co-founders of Jane