Hey Jane community,
We hope your 2023 has gotten off to a great start! It feels like it’s been ages since we sat down to share all the things we’ve been working on, so we hope you’re ready for lots of exciting new features, big and small.
Without further ado, let’s kick it off with the most highly requested feature of last year…
(1) Intake Form Reminders
Isn’t getting a reminder lovely? Every Intake Form will now include an automated email reminder that will be sent 24 hours before an appointment if the form is incomplete.
We hope this helps reduce the amount of time you spend emailing clients and ensures more appointments start with completed forms.
(2) Better Cancellations in Jane
We know cancellations are unavoidable, so we’ve made 3 updates that we hope make the necessity of managing and tracking cancelled appointments a little better:
- ⌚ Late Cancellation Invoices: You can now set custom fees for your late cancellations, just like you have for No-Shows (Settings > Fees)! Once set, these fee options will be available during the Late Cancellation Period when you click the Cancel button on an appointment.
- ✍️ Reason for Cancellation: As you cancel an appointment, you’ll notice your Reasons for Cancellation now appear in a pop-out box. This includes a new “Other” option that allows you to add specific reasons as needed for easier-to-track cancellations.
- ⏪ Undo a Cancellation: Finally, once that appointment has been cancelled, you can now reverse the cancellation if it was done in error.
(3) New Jane Payments Features*
Back in early December (that feels like a long time ago, now!) we added 3 new features to help you get paid:
- 💝 Online Gift Cards: This early version of our Online Gift Card feature allows your clients to purchase a gift card through their client portal on your Online Booking site. They’ll receive a code that can be used for themselves or sent to a loved one.
- We appreciate all of the feedback you provided, and we’re going to keep building this feature to make it even better for you.
- 📲 Pay Balance Texts (SMS): Avoid your requests for payment getting lost in a cluttered inbox by sending text requests instead! Clients can pay from anywhere through their client portal with a card-on-file, or Apple or Google Pay.
- 💳 Saving Cards via the Jane Payments Terminal: Saving a card on file is now as easy as tapping, swiping, or inserting a card. Keeping a card on file makes it so easy to charge contactless payments, collect A/R, and bill auto-recurring memberships. **Only available in Canada and the US
- Mailing Client Statements: We’ve reformatted the clinic address on Printed (Mail) Client Statements to fit within the return address window of double-window envelopes. We hope this saves you a little time (and ink or stickers) when mailing out your statements!
- 🇺🇸 Electronic claims (837): Jane can now support Supervising and Ordering providers on electronic claims. Previously, both were communicated as Referring providers, which occasionally caused a rejection. We hope this makes your billing a little smoother.
- Diagnosis Codes on Statements: We changed the way that diagnosis codes are formatted on receipts, invoices, and statements (but not superbills) by removing the diagnosis code description and separating all codes by commas (instead of having one per row). You’ll see these changes applied to purchases invoiced after January 9th.
- 👨💻 Upcoming Webinar: Join us for No More No Shows: Reduce Missed Appointments in Your Practice on February 7th at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET.
Believe it or not, there’s more to share! Check out our changelog to stay up-to-date with everything that’s new in Jane.
We hope you’re as excited about all these new things as we are. If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reply to this email.
Ali & Trevor, Co-Founders of Jane