Hey Jane Community,
This month’s newsletter updates might feel a little like opening a mystery goody bag: exciting, delightful, and — some things are going to be a bit more useful to certain folks than others.
(1) Updates: Online Gift Cards
We made a few tweaks recently to improve your clients’ experience buying and sending Online Gift Cards.
The first is a new link that you can share via email, social media, or embedded into your website. It brings clients directly to the purchase page and keeps them there once they’re signed in. You can find it under Settings > Billing Settings > Gift Cards.
The second is a Send button that appears after purchase. It will open your client’s default email browser and pop the Gift Card code into an email, along with an editable greeting.
If you’d like to share your new gift card purchase link with your community, you can use these editable templates that our social media whiz, Hanny, dreamed up for you. You’ll just need a free Canva account:
(2) Google Analytics 4
If you’re using the integration, you’ll need to update your tracking ID in Jane before July 1st, 2023 to keep your data flowing smoothly. Here’s how to update:
- Step 1: In your Google Analytics account, generate your new GA4 tracking ID
- Step 2: In your Jane Settings > Integrations > Google Analytics, click Add Another Tracking ID and copy your new ID into the GA4 field (don’t forget to Save 😉)
The integration will be compatible with both UA and GA4 until July 1st when UA will no longer be supported. If you’re not using the integration yet and would like to, you can read all about it and get started with GA4 right away.
(3) Update: Toggle dark green on/off
Recently, we made a change so that any Arrived appointment with a client-owed balance of $0 turns dark green to let you know payment has been collected.
We heard from many of you that it would be helpful to be able to turn this on/off, so we’ve made it selectable under your Schedule View Settings. ⚙️ You can head to Schedule > click the cog in the bottom right > toggle Differentiate Paid & Arrived States.
Toggling this on/off will only affect your own view of the Schedule/Day sheet, so each staff member in your Jane account can customize their own schedule view.
Thanks to everyone who provided us with feedback, and if you have more ideas on how this feature could be more helpful, we’d love to hear them.
- Insurance Info on Intake Forms: We’ve added a Skip button to this section of the Intake Form to make it easier for clients without insurance to complete their forms.
- Accessibility of the Schedule: We made a couple of changes that we hope will be impactful for folks using screen readers. When tabbing through appointments, Jane will now move in chronological order and the details of the appointment will only be read once (previously they were read twice). We want to thank everyone in our community who advocated on behalf of and contributed to these changes. 💙
- 🧑💻 How To Build An Outstanding Brand: Join us Thursday, June 22nd at 10 am PT to talk about the building blocks you need to create an engaging brand that sets you apart. [Register Here]
To read about more updates like these, you can check out our changelog.
That’s all for this month, folks! Feel free to set aside what you might not need and explore the rest. As always, please don’t hesitate to hit reply to let us know what you think, we always love hearing your thoughts and feedback.
Chat soon, Ali and Trevor, co-founders of Jane