We thought you’d never ask, but on the off chance you did… we went ahead and prepared this guide just for you. 😉
First, what is Jane Payments? Jane Payments is the name for our integrated payment processing for both in-person and online payments (through our partnership with Stripe). If you’re curious about our processing fees by country, feel free to pop on over to our FAQ here. Now, let’s take a look to see what all of the fuss is about.
With Jane Payments, you can:
🙎♂️👩💼 💳 Take in-person payments with a Jane Payments Terminal.
- Your Jane Payments Terminal can link to each of your practitioner’s bank accounts to send them their payments directly. 💸 Yep, you heard that right, no need for multiple terminals.
- Optionally save a credit card on file when a client taps, swipes, or inserts their card into the Jane Payments Terminal. This is an easy way to save payment information, which can help prevent no-shows.
- All reporting for online and in-person payments will be in Jane, in real-time, all on one payout schedule. This means less time reconciling payments, and less chance of error from manual entry, too.
Please note, the Jane Payments Terminal:
- Will require a strong, reliable internet or wifi connection to function. If you are a mobile clinic 🚙, we recommend reaching out with any questions before purchasing.
- Is available for Jane Payments users in 🇨🇦 Canada and 🇺🇸 the US (unavailable in the UK).
👩💻 Accept payments online. We refer to this as ‘in-app payment processing’.
- Just like in-person payments, online payments can also be linked to individual practitioners’ bank accounts, and payments can be automatically deposited into their individual accounts.
- There are also multiple options for saving a credit card on file, too. Clients can enter their credit card info through their My Account Client Portal, at the time of booking (if required through your clinic’s payment policy), or you can add it to their profile for them, administratively.
- Online Booking payment policies: add a pre-payment or deposit policy, or simply require a credit card on file for online booking. We heard through the grapevine that this can really help reduce no-shows.
- Easily collect payments online for Online Appointments. No need for your clients to come into the clinic to settle up.
- Avoid the awkward post-treatment payment scramble by seamlessly charging their card on file.
- Automatically charge a recurring membership.
- Accept insurer credit cards.
- Send payable invoices by email.
🔒 Rest assured, no credit card data is stored in Jane. When you enter credit card information into Jane, Jane creates and keeps a token that can be used to reference that information. But the actual sensitive information is sent to and stored within our payment processing partner Stripe, who holds the highest security certification in the industry. 🔒
What to expect:
Simple start-up and no hidden fees
We’ve made taking payments simple. No long paper applications, or pages and pages of different fees. We do need to collect some additional information about you and your clinic though, which we’ve built right into Jane.
We don’t believe in all those monthly, annual, setup, compliance, or other “hidden” fees. Just one per transaction fee, and no huge bill looming at the end of the month.
We’ve brought all your credit card processing data right into Jane. No logging into multiple websites for reporting, or comparing a crumpled POS slip to your totals in Jane.
You’ll always know how much you’re paying in transaction fees, what’s being deposited into your bank account, and when that’s going to happen. No more complicated end-of-month statements that leave you guessing - Jane Payments gives you all the information you need in just a few clicks, in real-time.
Helpful support, always
Whether you’re looking for help with online booking, charting, or taking payments, our lovely Jane Team can help you out, no matter what your question is. No more going back and forth to your payment processor - it’s all the same team here at Jane!
Thinking about taking payments with Jane Payments?
We can’t wait for you to try it out! Full access users can head to your Settings > Jane Payments area, and click the “Get Started” button. Sign-up is completely online through Jane, and only takes a few minutes.
Or, head on over to our next guide: Setting up Jane Payments for more detailed step-by-step guidance.