Hey Jane community,
From the get-go, Jane set out to make clinic life simpler. But how we do that can come in a variety of shapes and sizes — new tooling, feature updates, even pages you can flip through. Let’s take a look at some examples:
(1) Jane Guide Sidekick (beta)
Introducing the Jane Guide Sidekick — an AI-powered assistant that helps you get a quick answer to any Jane-related question.
Start by heading to the “Need Help?” menu in your Jane account. From there, you can use the tool to:
- “Search” for keywords and have relevant guides pulled up for you.
- “Ask a question,” and be directed to a chatbot that reads Jane’s guides and gives you a brief answer with a cited source.
Feel free to share your feedback by giving the responses a 👍 or 👎. This feature is still in an early phase, and your feedback will help improve our results over time!
The Guide Sidekick searches our team-created Jane Guide and pulls the relevant information for you, so you don’t have to hop between tabs. The Sidekick does not use or have access to any of your clinic or patient data when providing answers to your questions.
Whether you want to give the Guide Sidekick a try or get in touch with us directly, we’re always here to support you.
(2) Pay Balance from Emailed Statements
What’s better than sending two emails? (hint: it’s not a trick question!). The much loved Pay Balance button can now be included in emailed patient statements, making it easier to collect online payments from just one email, not two.
A few things to note here:
- If you prefer to send your patient statements without the Pay Balance button, that option is still available to you.
- The Pay Balance experience will be unchanged — patients will still be prompted to pay their entire outstanding balance, regardless of the amount shown on the Statement they’ve been sent.
- 🇺🇲 [New Webinar] Mastering tax season — file correctly & on time: With January wrapping up, tax season is approaching fast! Join us on February 29th at 10 AM PT/1 PM ET for our webinar with Bench Accounting on mastering your US tax return. Learn how to collaborate with your CPA, review your federal tax return, and more. [Register here]
- Deactivating Staff Members: We heard you loud and clear that deactivating a staff member’s profile could be tedious and time-consuming when their schedule was loaded with personal breaks. So we did something about it. Jane will now ignore those breaks and make deactivating staff a little easier.
- Settings Search: Did you know that you can search for keywords in the Settings area to more quickly find what you need? We are continually adding to this and recently loaded more than 20 new keywords to make it easier to find insurance-related results.
- 🇨🇭Translation: Hoi! For clinics in Switzerland, we have added two new language locale options, providing you the option of using either German or French for your Jane account and all patient-facing communication.
Keep up to date on everything that’s new in Jane with our Changelog!
Thanks again for being a part of Jane’s story.
Until next time,
Ali and Trevor, Co-Founders of Jane
P.S. The digital version of Front Desk magazine volume 2 is now available online. For the best viewing experience, try reading this issue on a laptop or tablet. Or, if you prefer real pages to flip through, you can request a free print copy (if you haven’t already). 😍