Here’s the thing. Jane’s been around for 5 years and we have the same website up as we did the day we launched - which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it does need some LOVE.
We have a team of 65 - mostly customer support who are championing Jane and our customers! The support team is complimented by a group of diverse and lovely in house devs building something amazing and a small operational team making everything tick, we are so lucky to work with a group of motivated, smart and hard working people. We don’t outsource anything at Jane - so whenever you need someone or something it’s all available. Read our Values to see if you want to bother reading the rest of this post.
More about the office and the people later!
What we’ve only just added is our Marketing Team. Well, team might be a little much really - it’s currently just me, Ashleah, the VP of Marketing.
I’ve been tasked with the exciting and important job of building out a group of people to continue the acceleration of Jane’s growth throughout North America, and around the world. So I could really use you!
You’ll be the very first web developer to join Jane’s team, which means that the website will fall very firmly into your capable, talented and obsessive hands. Trevor, Jane’s co-founder, comes from a Design Agency background, so we need you to be really good at what you do. Not just sort of good….
You should care deeply that people see and use the things you build. Everyone here (and in any start up environment) needs to be a creative thinker who is willing to push through technical limits to solve problems - well, we call them “ripples”. You obsess over details, but you’re also excited for your work to be seen in the wild. You hear “We’ve never done that” and you say “Here’s how we could…”.
In this role, you’ll play an active role in the creative process. Working together with our design and content team (Coming Soon - we’re hiring a Graphic Designer too if you know anyone good!), you’ll help us bring beautiful and interactive web experiences to life.
Here are some things we’d like your help with over the next few weeks, months, and years:
- Continuous improvements to our marketing website (jane.app), - including a/b testing to see if we can improve traffic, signup rates, and conversion
- Use emerging technology to help tell clearer stories
- Make sure our site is well organized to speak clearly to our different audiences
- Support external events through focused landing pages and microsites - awesome ones. Awesome landing pages and microsites.
- Support anyone else in the business who needs web design help or inspiration
- Make sure everything we put out lives up to the Jane brand! (Do we need to say that one… seems obvious?)
So, specifically, what are we looking for?
- Full-stack web development for multiple web properties
- Experience iterating on ideas to grow the company in terms of experiments, campaigns and marketing platforms
- Just a generally good human that we like to work with (worth mentioning)
We’re a team of 65 people and our hiring plan has us at 100 by the end of the year. You’ll be part of helping us deliver a growth Marketing program through 2019 and beyond.
Look Us Up!
Above all, we care deeply about the customer heart, our team, and growing a sustainable and responsible business. We’d absolutely love to start a conversation about how your experience can contribute to Jane’s goals. We are so excited about welcoming you to our team.
So that’s it. A long and wordy post where we’re trying to give you a feel for us and decide if Jane’s a place you’d like to spend most of your day. We like it here.
If you want to get started, tell us your story. Reach out on LinkedIn or email email@example.com
We’re a team of doers - come join us doing what make you proud!
Ashleah - VP Growth Marketing for Jane