Jane UK is a small and scrappy start-up team; we’re high energy, we work hard, we have fun, and we love what we do. If you’re someone that’s passionate about relationship building, and you’re looking for a new opportunity to grow and develop a community—and your career—all while offering top-notch service for our customers, this could be the perfect position for you.
The UK Customer Representative role at Jane is so much more than your run-of-the-mill customer service job. We have extremely lovely and happy users, and a fantastic reputation in the UK. It’s dynamic, fun, and perfect for a well-rounded individual who isn’t afraid to get technical and wants to go the extra mile for our customers.
We’re on a mission to enhance and automate our workflows and use data to make informed decisions. That being said, we value quality and genuine connection above all else.
Jane has grown by building trusted relationships with our clinics. We’re proud to share that 85% of our customers come from word-of-mouth recommendations, and this is based on the support that we give and the community that we have built. This is why empathy and relationship-building skills are key within our Support team. If you love speaking with customers, understanding their challenges, and making their lives easier, we’d love to hear from you.
We want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we tell you what makes our company unique. Here’s our Jane Values document that gives you a more detailed look at what it takes to succeed at Jane.
Jane is headquartered in North Vancouver, Canada, but is a remote-first employer. Our UK team is fully remote, with representatives in the UK and Canada. We’re currently welcoming candidates from anywhere in the UK for this role. Please note that your interview, onboarding, and training will all take place remotely, too.
We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
And here’s a bit more about what we’ll expect from you and who we’re looking for:
What you'll be doing
- Support: You’ll be supporting customers through various channels including phone, email, and Zoom. Jane’s product has a lot to offer including Scheduling, Payments, Insurance, and Telehealth, so context-switching and problem-solving skills are key!
- Demos: This is your chance to get curious and understand what our potential customers are looking for from Jane and whether we can offer that to them. This isn’t a sales pitch per se, but an opportunity for you to ensure Jane is continuing to create a true product market fit.
- Onboarding Calls: This is one of the most important times in a clinic's journey, and everyone uses Jane differently. Understanding your customer is crucial, and this is where we help clinics get comfortable using Jane by bringing their vision of how they'd like to use it to life.
- Webinars: Have a topic or feature you’re passionate about? Something you think a lot of users would benefit from learning? You’ll have an opportunity to create content and host a webinar for our UK community!
- Events: Attending in-person events and conferences UK-wide to build awareness of Jane, and connecting with our community.
- Troubleshooting: Investigating a variety of customer questions related to day-to-day clinic operations.
- Customer focused: Ensuring customer retention and satisfaction—contributing to Jane’s reputation and effectively building strong relationships across the Jane community.
- Be curious: Leading your interactions with empathy and curiosity. Guiding our customers towards achieving their goals, and making Jane a valuable part of their business. Using your curiosity to really understand what customers need, and using that feedback to help drive product improvement and Jane’s growth.
What you bring to the team
- Experience: Ideally, you bring experience in a high-growth SaaS/Product Support environment and have demonstrated an improver mindset by working with other teams, and sharing customer feedback to help a product grow.
- Tools: Prior experience with communication and CRM tools such as HelpScout, TalkDesk, and Slack.
- Eager to learn: You love to learn and read between the lines. You’re tech-savvy and always eager to find efficient workflows.
- Agility: You’re an individual who can adapt to various situations, people, and groups. You’re quick to switch context and geared up for the next task.
- Intention: You have the ambition to always understand the “why” behind things. You stay curious and deeply connect with our customers, and you’re able to confidently explain Jane’s “why”.
- Resilience: The capacity to learn from opportunities and be receptive to feedback. You’re able to adjust to new workflows and ride the wave of an evolving product.
- Self-starter: The ability to be curious, resourceful, and driven to find a solution. You’re excited by fast-paced work and want to improve and achieve Jane’s goals as a team. You come ready to act on opportunities with optimism and resilience.
- Passion: You’re committed to growing and thriving in the support role. Delighting customers and providing a lasting impression excites you. Those ‘AHA!’ moments motivate you.
- Experience with the Allied Health Industry
- Experience with Customer Onboarding
- Extra points if you've ever done demos for a product
- Some experience with social media content creation (especially Instagram)
As well as a great team, you'll have...
- Starting salary of £37,800.00, with generous annual pay raises
- The ability to work from anywhere in the UK
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast, and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members)
- A flexible time off package that includes your annual leave, 3 Jane-cation days, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
We value a great fit over experience. Relevant experience in the clinical world gives you extra bonus points, but it’s not required. If you’ve ever worked at a front desk or managed a clinic, we would love to hear about it. Similarly so, if you’ve provided support for another software platform or have direct experience with Jane. However, who you are as a person is the most important thing—we want to hear your story, what inspires you, and what is at the heart of everything you do.
If you want to get started, please send over your CV, and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit at Jane—tell us why we’d be making a huge mistake if we don’t hire you :)
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.