The Design Team in Jane has a very important role in empathizing with our users. We create simple user-focused solutions that fulfil the needs of our customers, so they can do what they do best - which is helping their customers. One of the many things we love about our Design Team is the diversity. Having designers coming from many different backgrounds and cultures really helps us to see design solutions from all different angles and helps us relate to a range of diverse users.
Jane is growing, and we want to make sure we have enough empathetic, talented designers to ensure we are truly listening and solving the problems for our customers around the world. So saying that we are excited to say, we are growing the Design Team and looking for an experienced Staff Product Designer to come join our Billing group and help us solve one of the trickiest areas in Jane - Insurance.
Right now in healthcare, Insurance is a very large point of friction for everyone involved, especially for the US. The mission of these teams is to simplify and provide a delightful experience in an area that’s critical to the financial health of our customers.
We’re looking for a designer to be able to take the lead and really own the insurance side of Jane, by working closely with the Product and Engineering Managers to deliver consistent, end-to-end user-centric design. As well as being a strong designer, leader and mentor for our Design Team.
This position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada or the continental United States. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision-making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led, and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
To be successful in this role...
- You must have a strong portfolio showcasing an understanding of user research, workflows, wireframes, and user design methods, ideally with a focus on designing software products.
- Must have experience in leading a team and mentoring designers.
- Expert knowledge in creating software solutions that are customer-focused and user friendly.
- Confidence in taking an idea from conception to development, execution and beyond.
- Experience with user testing and working with existing research, making insights actionable.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, to accept and provide feedback, and receive direction.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills and very comfortable in talking with users on a regular basis.
- Creative and collaborative mindset that thrives in a team environment.
- Highly organized individual with an ability to excel within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the fintech industry - extra bonus if the experience was in US medical billing or revenue cycle management products.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
- US-based candidates will receive a different benefits package
This role is open to Canadian and US citizens.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.