At Jane, we're on a mission to help the helpers, meaning we empower allied health professionals with software solutions that enable them to run their businesses seamlessly. We achieve this by continually iterating through customer feedback, prioritizing real problems they’re experiencing, and collaborating on the best solutions possible. To support our mission and enable our teams, we're looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our team. If you're passionate about connecting top talent with our product development teams and thrive in a dynamic, forward-thinking environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Our recruiters own the end-to-end recruitment process, from conducting comprehensive intakes with hiring managers to collaborating on interview plans with the wider team, consistently sourcing candidates, and supporting them throughout their interview journey with us. You’ll, of course, have the support of our Recruitment Coordinator and the broader People Ops team, as well as an incredible group of humans who are actively involved in the hiring process, there to answer questions and motivated to find the best people for Jane.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt the Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack.
We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
The impact you could have:
- High Bar of hiring: We design and build Jane to be the best possible experience for our customers. You will be instrumental in maintaining a high hiring standard. Your motivation and commitment to excellence will be reflected in the calibre of candidates that you advocate for. We’re hoping you'll take pride in knowing that you've contributed to building a team capable of delivering exceptional products and services to our customers.
- Internal Customer Satisfaction: While your primary focus will be on hiring, your impact will also be felt among our internal customers, including hiring managers, interviewers, and other departments. You'll strive to enhance their satisfaction by gathering feedback, utilizing data and regularly looking for opportunities to improve our workflows and experiences.
- Team Empowerment: You will play a pivotal role in empowering our team members, including mentoring and sharing your wisdom with the recruitment team! You'll guide our teams through the process, educate them on our workflows, and help them identify and select great talent meaning your efforts will elevate the entire team.
- Product Improvement: At Jane app, your role as a Senior Technical Recruiter will directly impact our product. By strategically aligning your hiring efforts with the needs of our product teams and aligning this to our strategy, you will contribute to tangible product enhancements.
- External Customer Impact: Last but not least, your role will indirectly influence our external customers, the clinics that use Jane. By helping us assemble a healthy and high-performing team, you'll contribute to the development of products and services that ultimately benefit our clinics and, by extension, the patients they serve. Your work will have a lasting impact on the quality of what we bring to our customers.
- We've also been working on our 2025 company-wide strategy and there's a lot of exciting opportunities in the works that we've not yet tackled as a team!
The experience we feel we need:
- Full-Cycle Recruitment: We’re looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience with a mix of in-house and agency, who can manage the entire hiring process for multiple roles up to the Director level. This includes everything from initial job intake and sourcing candidates to conducting interviews, making offers, and ensuring a smooth transition to our onboarding team.
- Emphasis on Sourcing Proficiency: Your sourcing expertise is a critical aspect of this role. We value proactive sourcing to identify and engage great candidates who both embody technical excellence and share our company values. Your ability to source strategically will be pivotal in building healthy and impactful teams.
- Passion for Continuous Learning: Jane is scaling and we iterate often, this means things can change quickly but we’re building for the first time. We value a genuine passion for ongoing learning and development. Your commitment to staying updated with our teams, industry trends and evolving talent acquisition strategies will keep our recruitment efforts effective!
- Partnering: We are seeking a candidate with a strong track record of forming strategic and deep partnerships with hiring managers and teams. Your expertise should include a deep understanding of their long-term talent requirements and the ability to align recruitment strategies with company strategies.
- Technical Knowledge: We're not looking for coding abilities but your technical knowledge, particularly in development and product domains, will be highly valued in partnering with our teams to understand their needs and how this contributes to the development of Jane.
As well as a great team, you'll have...
- The ability to work from anywhere in Canada. We also have some flexibility to occasionally work outside of Canada.
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A yearly $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- A one-time $500 CAD total work from home stipend for a desk and/or a chair (i.e., you can spend the entire amount on a desk or just a chair, or split the $500 how you’d like between the two).
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.