Jane is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst who will be responsible for delivering consistent, meaningful insights across the team. You will have strong experience with Looker and preferably experience in a fast-growing software company. You are excited about the opportunity to be responsible for analytics across multiple subject areas and looking forward to the prospect of mentoring junior analysts.
Our small, collaborative team is responsible for delivering actionable insights across the entirety of Jane, so you are interested in championing a data informed culture across all areas of the business, from marketing to product and everything in between. You are passionate about transparency, accuracy, creating delightful experiences with data, and digging deep in to the "why." We want every team at Jane to have the ability to make decisions inspired by data and you will have the opportunity to help make this happen from the ground up.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led, and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
What you’ll be doing…
- Own several areas of analysis including product and customer lifecycle while working directly with product managers, dev managers and senior leadership to encourage a data-informed culture
- Helping our team build out our new Looker instance, including supporting with documentation, onboarding, training and best practices
- Creating and improving existing metrics, models, dimensions and documentation through collaboration with the team and stakeholders across multiple subject areas
- Championing data-informed decision making, building trust with stakeholders across Jane, and developing policies to uphold our standards
- Testing hypotheses that drive product roadmap decisions by designing purpose-built experiments and performing statistical analysis
- Own analysis from concept to implementation, managing backlog and prioritization of incoming and existing work
- Proactively seek feedback and opportunities to improve our processes, engage stakeholders
To be successful in this role...
- Experience as a data analyst in a high-growth environment
- Familiarity with common SaaS metrics and experience defining, implementing and measuring them
- Experience with Looker development and as a Looker admin
- Desire to mentor other analysts and continue to flex and grow that muscle
- Excellent communication skills and empathy
- The ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience running a/b tests
- Proficient in excel, SQL, LookML, and possibly another programming language like Python or R
- Familiarity with ETL (extract, transform, load) concepts and tools
- An extremely detail-oriented mindset and commitment to accuracy
- Experience building out a new BI platform from the ground up
- Experience or an interest in administering Snowflake or Redshift databases
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.