We’re investing in patient experience, which looks like reducing friction and adding ease so that people can get the help they need, as simply and as quickly as possible. We’re currently focused on appointment discovery and booking across the rapidly growing family of clinics who run Jane. For this role, we’re looking for an experienced Product Manager (4+ years experience) who can structure the problem space around patient identity, authentication, and authorization, and contribute to creating a simpler, more unified patient experience.
Like with all positions at Jane, the Identity Product Manager position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Over 21,000 healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. Last year we processed over 37 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles on average 10 million API calls per day. We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 240 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
This year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 63, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we now have customers across the globe in the UK, Australia, India, Japan and Germany.
Of course, it’s not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
Jane offers reasonable hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
What you’ll be doing
- Co-create a vision for what patient identity looks like at Jane: where it will live, what scope of data it will hold, what it will provide access to, and how it will interact with patient info owned by clinics.
- Work cross-functionally across Jane, building trust with all key teams (support, engineering, marketing, partnerships, legal, finance, and Co-CEOs).
- Analyze existing customer feedback and conduct additional research to identify needs and opportunities. Jane is a uniquely support driven product organization and you’ll partner very closely with our friends in Customer Support.
- Define and deliver on a roadmap that is aligned with and supports the goals of the Patient Experience group.
- Define and measure metrics to evaluate the impact of what is delivered. Own and maintain a backlog based on priority for new features and enhancements to the patient identity product.
What you bring to the team
- 4+ years of experience in a product management role. We’re curious about both your wins and misses, and what you learned from them.
- Strong customer empathy and relationship building skills. We have grown our business by building rich relationships with our customers and it’s their happiness that fuels our growth.
- Ability to define the problem for your team, navigate scoping and prioritization challenges, and then set the pace and cadence needed to to deliver value as quickly as possible to customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. We are a remote first company and great communication helps us build great relationships with each other :)
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment. Jane’s growth continues to accelerate so this is a role for someone who finds that exciting and energizing.
Bonus points for
- Experience building customer identity, authentication and authorization solutions.
- An appreciation for balance: we’re an active bunch, and when the day is done, we like to go play outside, or do whatever we need to do to fill our cups!
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
If you want to get started, tell us your story. We’re excited to meet you!