One of the most important but often stress-inducing aspects of healthcare is billing. Dealing with insurance, cash, credit cards and above all, having those awkward conversations about money with your patients. We’re hiring an experienced Product Manager that can help us make healthcare billing simple and transparent. You’ll partner with our insurance, payments and reporting teams to transform how medical billing is done across hundreds of disciplines and numerous countries. Like with all positions at Jane, the Product Manager role is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it’s not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
What you’ll be doing
- Building a vision for what simple, transparent healthcare billing looks like in Jane.
- Work cross-functionally across Jane, building trust with all key teams (support, engineering, marketing, partnerships, legal, finance, and Co-CEOs).
- Analyze existing customer feedback and conduct additional research to identify needs and opportunities. Jane is a uniquely support-driven product organization and you’ll partner very closely with our friends in Customer Support.
- Define and deliver on a roadmap that is aligned with and supports the goals of the Billing Group.
- Define and measure metrics to evaluate the impact of what is delivered.
- Own and maintain a prioritized backlog of new features and enhancements to the core billing product at Jane.
What you bring to the team
- Experience managing a large and complex product with a track record of success. We’re curious about both your wins and misses and what you learned from them.
- Strong customer empathy and relationship building skills. We have grown our business by building rich relationships with our customers and it’s their happiness that fuels our growth.
- Ability to define the problem for your team, navigate scoping and prioritization challenges, and then set the pace and cadence needed to to deliver value as quickly as possible to customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. We are a remote first company and great communication helps us build great relationships with each other :)
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment. Jane’s growth continues to accelerate so this is a role for someone who finds that exciting and energizing.
Bonus points for
- Experience with healthcare or another high-compliance space like FinTech.
- Experience in a hyper-growth SaaS environment.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.