Jane is a home-grown startup. Although we’re 7 years into our story - Jane has only just started playing around with paid online marketing. We’re hiring for a brand new role… someone to own and obsess over creating, monitoring, and improving these campaigns. Like with all positions at Jane, the Online Advertising Campaign Manager is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada.
To begin understanding this role, let’s start with some more about our company. Jane helps the helpers. We provide a business tool to Allied Healthcare practitioners all around the world. Our mission for this posting is to find someone who will take on the responsibility of telling these helpers about Jane.
Deloitte named us 24th on their Technology Fast 50 ranking, and we’re currently 17 on Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies list. That’s fun, but fast growth needs to be balanced with scaling a healthy company and team. And that’s where we get really excited.
Jane offers reasonable hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer an opportunity to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
Jane values flexibility, autonomy, and mastery in a relaxed North Vancouver (or remote!) setting where you get to work with great people — and because Jane is lead by co-founders who did all the original development and customer support of Jane, we value a great working environment for everyone, in every position.
Online Advertising at Jane
Our goal is not to get clicks, but to make sure that the content says the right thing and shows up at the right time so that the right person clicks through. This takes attention to detail and a passion for the inner workings of search combined with a deep and passionate focus on who it is that Jane can actually help out there in the world.
We need your help telling them that Jane is a solution that could make running their small business healthcare practices easier. What a wonderful story to tell.
We are currently a team of 170 people, but you will be the first person to fill this particular seat at Jane. That means you will be incredibly important, but also that you will need to have experience you can contribute, as we need YOU to be the expert on paid advertising.
70% of our growth continues to be driven by word of mouth referral from our customers - but we’ve seen great success from our online advertising tests we ran in 2020. We’d like to expand this avenue of awareness for 2021 by introducing more budget, more campaigns, and you (!) to manage it all. Every customer we get through a paid ad contributes 2 to 3 more with referrals, so your contribution to Jane’s growth goals in 2021 will be significant.
In this role, you’ll get to tell us exactly how we can use online advertising to grow the awareness of Jane, and you’ll champion our online advertising program with a broad cross-section of Jane, including our support, content, and product teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and launch online advertising campaigns
- Check on those campaigns daily and help the rest of Jane know what going on with weekly and monthly reports
- Recommend new strategies based on data and testing on what ads to run, what platforms, and why
- Launch and monitor paid advertising tests and communicate across Jane that they’re happening
- Work with other departments (e.g. product, creative, and support) to 1) ensure we’re all on the same page and 2) to maintain Jane’s tone, brand, and user experience
- Do weekly paid ads tasks, such as negative keyword mining, bid adjustments, and writing ads
- Proactively monitor performance and budgets and make sure that we are in the right range
- Do Google Analytics analysis
- Help set up processes
What you bring to the team:
- You’ve been focused entirely on Adwords/online marketing for the last year, minimum
- 5+ years of hands-on SaaS marketing experience, including paid search
- Proficiency in drafting and explaining data-based reports - we want you to help us understand what’s working and what’s not
- Experience improving account performance in Adwords or Facebook advertising, and a desire to champion both
- Ability to uncover insights from data and use quantitative methods to answer questions and to find opportunities for optimization - help us grow our advertising program
- Experience with a high growth SaaS startup
- Experience in healthcare
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary of $70,000 - $100,000
- Extended healthcare from day one
- Participation in Jane’s Employee Stock purchase plan (JSOP)
- Investment into your career development & growth
- $500 annual wellness plan.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, tell us your story.