The Scheduling team owns a core feature of Jane that handles an average of 10 million API calls a day and with an uptime requirement of 99.99%. The responsibility of the team has expanded as we invest more in our telehealth strategy. You will be responsible for keeping the lights on and improving our telehealth integration with 3rd-party services. You will work on several key new initiatives and you have the opportunity to set the technical direction of these new features.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Over 21,000 healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane and last year we processed over 37 million patient appointments. We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 240 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
This year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 63, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we now have customers across the globe in the UK, Australia, India, Japan and Germany.
Of course, it’s not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
Jane offers reasonable hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
So what are we specifically looking for?
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Experience with React Native
- Experienced with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs
- React experience and knowledge of state management (without Redux)
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Strong command of git: comfortable with interactive rebases and dealing with tricky conflicts
- Familiarity with a modern software stack that empowers our developers to release value to customers multiple times a day
- Experience with tools like Bugsnag and Datadog to monitor application stability and chase down bugs
- Works great on your own but even better as part of a team
- Passion for making things better
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Rails or Node.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development processes
- Experience with voice conferencing and integration with external APIs
Salary & Benefits
- $70,000 (Associate) - $145,000 CAD (Senior)
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
If you want to get started, tell us your story.