We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Like with all positions at Jane, the Fullstack Developer position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Over 21,000 healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. Last year we processed over 37 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles on average 10 million API calls per day. We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 240 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
This year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 63, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we now have customers across the globe in the UK, Australia, India, Japan and Germany.
Of course, it’s not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
Jane offers reasonable hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of professional Ruby and Rails experience
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs
- React experience and knowledge of state management (without Redux)
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest, Mocha or Rspec
- Experience with tools like Bugsnag or Honeybadger to monitor application stability and chase down bugs
- Passion for making things better
- Comfortable navigating *nix environments
- Excited by technical design discussion and have a passion for making things better
- Interested in building integrations, APIs, and transforming data into a variety of obscure legacy formats (thanks to the health insurance industry!)
- Strong command of git: comfortable with interactive rebases and dealing with tricky conflicts
- Familiarity with a modern software stack that empowers our developers to release value to customers multiple times a day
Bonus points for:
- Experience with writing SQL
- Familiarity with cloud architecture generally and AWS specifically
Salary & Benefits
- $70,000 (Associate) - $145,000 CAD (Senior)
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
If you want to get started, tell us your story.