Jane is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead one of our most central product areas at a missional, customer-first, product-led hyper-growth company. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to coach a team of amazing Product Managers, set a strategy for your area and Jane as a whole as well as support your team in building a world-class product to help the helpers. As a leader of the Billing, Insurance and Payments areas, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that practitioners can get paid and patients can pay as easily as possible, whether they work with cash or insurance or any combination of the two. Right now in healthcare, payments and insurance is a very large point of friction for everyone involved. The mission of this group of teams is to remove that friction and have payments blend into the background, so practitioners can focus on helping their patients.
Like with all positions at Jane, the Director of Product position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada or the continental United States.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
Of course, it’s not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
Jane offers reasonable hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
To be successful in this role…
- First and foremost, think of yourself as a coach with a strong desire to grow the team around you while helping them solve complex problems
- You have managed a team of product managers in a large product with an even larger market
- Drive the overall product strategy for our billing, insurance and payments teams
- Partner with development, support, marketing, finance and the people team to ensure the team is supported, operating well and delivering value to our customers in accordance to our company values and product principles
- You have a strong track record of managing with a coaches mindset in a scaling organization with junior and senior team members
- You are a proven multiplier, knowing how to grow the people and systems around you towards exponential growth
- You are comfortable moving frequently between high-level roadmap and diving deep on the details
- You are an exceptional communicator and use that to proactively build trust with the team around you
- You can inspire your team by deeply understanding the customer needs and translating that into a plan of action with the help of your team
- You have experience building great teams
- Familiarity with the US medical system, insurance practices and systems
- You have experience in a hyper-growth SaaS environment
- You have experience in partnerships, M&A and product integrations
- You have worked with healthcare in the US or other another high compliance space like fintech
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off
Please note, for US-based candidates, we’re currently building out our benefits strategy for 2022 and we will hopefully have confirmation on this in January 2022.
If you’re interested in knowing more about Jane and the opportunity to work here, it would be great to hear from you.