Customer Support at Jane is not just a regular ol’ support job. Working on the Support team is different at Jane because for us, Support is at the heart of our company. You’ll see this in the way that the Support team functions as the ‘stem cells’ of Jane—we have Support team members throughout Jane, helping infuse other roles in our company with the heart of Jane’s customers. Don’t be surprised then that we expect a lot from our Support team. For example, our Support team also functions as our Sales team. But introverts, fear not: we don’t use cold calls to sell Jane. Instead, we grow the same way our customers do; we provide a service that’s so good, customers can’t help themselves from recommending Jane to their friends.
At Jane, we want our Support team to be friendly, qualified, and knowledgeable as Support is dependent on for accurate and speedy responses. While we have some metrics that we monitor, we value genuine connection more than hitting targets. We have extremely lovely and happy users, and this consistent message from their time before joining Jane and then after signing up, is one of the reasons why. We never over-promise and we always aim to over-deliver.
As a Support team member, your day-to-day would consist of handling phone and email correspondence from either current or interested users, running online demonstrations of Jane by request, and possibly attending some conferences on occasion to represent Jane in the community.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
We value a good fit over experience, but relevant experience in the clinical world is like gold. If you’ve ever worked at a front desk or managed a clinic, we would love to hear your story. Same thing with supporting another software or having used Jane before, of course!
Here are our internal “Jane Values” document that gives you a more detailed look at what it takes to succeed at Jane.
And here’s a bit more about what we’ll expect from you and who we’re looking for:
What you'll be doing
- Phone and email support of Jane users–solving problems, not just answering questions
- Troubleshooting and investigating a variety of customer questions related to day-to-day clinic operations
- Ensure customer retention and satisfaction - contribute to Jane’s reputation and effectively build strong relationships across the Jane community
- Guide our customers in achieving their goals - make Jane valuable
What you bring to the team
- Experience in customer success or Allied Health Clinics
- At least 1-3 years in an online-customer facing role (preferably SaaS)
- Experience using customer service software for all channels (phones, emails, and live chat)
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and tech-savvy
- Ability to be resourceful and determined to find a solution
- Demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and experience
- Reliable, self-motivated, and excited by fast-paced work
- You’re a problem solver and you have the passion to investigate
- Positive and team-oriented
- You’re committed to growing and thriving in the support role
A final note: Jane is a growth company, which means that the role is always changing as the company grows and expands. To be happy at Jane requires a level of comfort with ambiguity.
Starting salary is $50,000 and increases to $60,000 after 1 year. Because we believe that everyone needs to take a break, vacation time starts at 2 weeks pro-rated and is bumped up to 3 weeks after 1 year. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that starts on day 1 and a chance to own a part of Jane through our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
If you want to get started, prepare the following application:
1. Cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit at Jane - tell us why we’d be making a huge mistake if we don’t hire you :)
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.