I’m Denzil, Director of Content at Jane. We like to stand out from the crowd - even with our job announcements - so here’s my take on that. I’ll start by talking a bit about our company.
Jane is a home-grown startup. This means we’ve been growing a real business out of our own profits for over 7 years now. We have the luxury and security of not having a zero-cash date.
Deloitte named us 24th on their Technology Fast 50 ranking, and we’re currently 17 on Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies rankings. That’s fun, but fast growth needs to be balanced with scaling a healthy company and team. And that’s where we get really excited.
Jane values flexibility, autonomy, and mastery in a relaxed North Vancouver (or remote!) setting where you get to work with great people — and because Jane is lead by co-founders who did all the original development and customer support of Jane, we know what makes a great work environment for coders and for the team supporting our customers.
We are hyper-focused on happy staff and happy customers as a means to thriving and are growing a business that gets to help the world’s helpers, the allied health professionals.
Jane offers sane hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer an opportunity to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
About Content Team:
Our team is not your typical group of marketers.
Many of us have 1-2 years working directly with Jane customers and helping them use our product. Our team has grown organically out of an increased need to use multi-media content as part of our approach to customer success.
We are learning every moment, and our daily mentality - the way we focus on our work - is not about applying marketing formulas and traditional strategies. Rather, the best things we produce happen through an almost obsessive attention to what is helpful for our current customers. What’s so amazing is that potential customers are attracted to that.
What we do:
Essentially, our Content Team is Jane’s growing publishing house.
With a strong focus on helping our customers, our Content Team is responsible for all layers of external content production for current AND potential customers. Our deliverables are centred heavily around turning words and ideas into content for product marketing, promotional marketing via sponsorships and partnerships, community building, and digital marketing through all aspects of our marketing website jane.app, including building and growing our online customer training program called Jane University.
I made a video as a quick way to highlight 3 key things from the job description below:
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing blog posts, Guide documents, video scripts for product tutorials, landing page copy, product emails, product announcements for various distribution tools, podcast bumpers, ad copy, and more as our content offerings expand
- Copy editing for grammar, punctuation, and accuracy of information
- Working with product Portfolio Owners, Customer Support staff, product Designers, and the Community Team in their content production journey
- Write storyboards and record your voice offering short how-to product demos and various types of promotional videos
- Assist subject-matter experts across Jane in their content production journey
- Team brainstorming ideas for new content and user engagement with that content
- Understanding how all of the content for each feature creates a story across all distribution channels
- Multi-media website content
- Document content production using our editorial tools and assist in documenting your production processes as our team continues to grow
- Participate in seeking data on content performance and reporting results to the team
What you bring to the team:
- Eagerness & excitement about learning our product by completing our 2-month Customer Support bootcamp. I’ve been enjoying the idea of bootcamp for training our Content Team because it mimics coding, and it’s a bit of an intense flood of info. You have to work hard. If it sounds scary or uncertain, our Trainers are absolutely wonderful human beings. I led the creating of the training program and currently manage that team as well, so I really know how wonderful they are. They will guide you through this process in a way that is tailored to your needs as a member of the Content Team. Once you’re done with the 2-month training, you’ll be on the Content Team and the creating will begin.
- 3+ years writing experience, preferably with some exposure to technical and/or product writing
- Detail-oriented with an almost obsessive eye for perfect English and attention to accuracy of information in content
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the allied health industry
- Positive and team-oriented
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, prepare the following application:
- Cover letter telling us who you are and why you’re interested in Jane
- The writing sample you are most proud of
- Two additional samples of your writing or multi-media content work that can be emailed or sent via link.
Send these items via email to email@example.com.
Thanks for reading this description. I look forward to meeting you!