This is Denzil from the Content Team at Jane.
I’m so happy to jump on this job board to let you know that we’re looking for a content marketing strategist! (I’m so excited!) In a nutshell, we’d love to match up with someone to create helpful and highly valuable content for our community of allied health professionals, manage and improve our existing content, and become a lovely member of our kind, thoughtful, and highly cross-functional team. Our company goal is to help the helpers (the helpers are the allied health community), and our team goal is to provide our customers, potential customers, partners, and anyone that crosses paths with Jane with incredibly helpful and delightful content experience that feels like it was written by one human directly to another human. We believe content makes connections. Content makes friends.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
What you’ll be doing
- Create highly helpful and relevant content related to the process of owning and operating allied health clinics
- You’ll be learning our product and personas for all of our customer segments in order to help building learning resources
- Work with other business units to research and proactively work to understand our customer segments
- Participate in data gathering and reporting to help build out and operate a data-driven content marketing function
- Collaborate to create well-educated content by building strong cross-functional relationships with key members of teams across Jane
What you bring to the team
- Minimum 3 years experience writing content for SaaS software or web experiences
- Previous experience with customer-obsessed content marketing writing, creating customer-informed topic lists, instructional writing, content management, and working from an established editorial calendar (some experience writing for print media is a plus, but not required)
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- A portfolio of 3 writing samples that demonstrate clear, confident, and exacting writing. Ideally these samples show clear thought when explaining information as well as an ability to write across different tones of voice or for different brands
- A strong instinct for logic of thought in writing - sentences should flow and create clarity
- Genuine passion about being a part of Jane and/or deep passion for content work
- Demonstrated ability to understand and help customers with their challenges using content
- An interest in measuring the effectiveness of content and using data to make improvements
- Very strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet all deadlines
- Ability to ask for help
- Familiarity with using multiple different tools for content creation or an ability to be flexible and learn (e.g. experience using various tools for writing, editorial calendar, reporting, etc.) (Some core tech: markdown, Notion, Google Docs)
- A lovely team-based personality with a growth mindset, able to flex and bend with an overall positive response to challenges
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
If this job opportunity excites you, apply by submitting the following:
1. Statement of intent responding to the above job advertisement
2. 3 writing samples you are most proud of that help us understand how you can do the role (ideally some or all of these are links to currently live content on the internet, but will accept attached files as samples as well)
Looking forward to hearing from you - I can’t wait to talk about this role.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.