As a Tech Escalation Lead at Jane App, you will work directly with a variety of internal teams including Product, Payments, Support Tech Esc, Privacy, US Insurance, and of course our beloved core, the Support Team. You will assume ownership of escalated customer issues and provide communication both internally to the team and externally to our customers.
You’ll interact effectively with technical resources from internal Jane Product and Dev teams and will break down complex technical problems into more customer-friendly communication. Your role will be the management and ownership of all escalated issues for the Customer Success team. You will enable the Customer Success Drivers (Frontline) teams to be proactive and deliver on our promise of Helping our Helpers by quarterbacking the resolution of escalations through cross-functional relationships that accelerate resolution and mitigate future escalations.
You will work with technical resources, key internal teams and oversee the management of escalated issues to closure. The Technical Escalation Lead will also be responsible for analyzing and identifying trends to reduce the number of escalations and improve customer delight and communication. The focus is to increase customer happiness and trust by creating and overseeing the best escalation management procedures and communication.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
And here’s a bit more about what we’ll expect from you and who we’re looking for:
What you'll be doing
- The Primary point of contact for Jane’s Customer Success Teams for escalations.
- Proactive engagement with ever-changing scenarios, addressing the issues of concern, and assuming full ownership and management of escalated issues for the Customer Success Team.
- Identify resource needs across multiple internal teams; Oversee and direct resources associated with escalated account issues.
- Set appropriate expectations for all internal stakeholders (and external as needed) regarding issue resolution and the process of engagement.
- Establish an ongoing communications protocol and meeting cadence as needed to accelerate resolution.
- Provide consistent, detailed, and documented status updates including next steps to all parties involved.
- Investigate and document root cause; Recommend process improvement to mitigate future escalations and aim to train the Support Drivers.
- Champion and represent issues to Product Development, etc. on behalf of the Helpers.
- Effectively managing and further developing a team of technical escalation experts.
What you bring to the team
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal groups and customers at all levels and proven track record of working collaboratively to improve the customer experience.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, and product.
- Ability to navigate complex issues and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions
- Strong People Leadership skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, attention to detail, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to coordinate efforts between the various functional teams, bringing the appropriate resources to bear on an escalated issue while often influencing without authority.
- Working knowledge of Payment Processing.
- Knowledge of tools (Linear, Jira, reporting tools)
As well as a great team, you'll have...
- The ability to work from anywhere in Canada. We also have some flexibility to occasionally work outside of Canada.
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, 3 Janecation days and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
If this role excites you, please submit your resume.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.